Thursday, May 13, 2010

Molar's and Seperation anxiety!

I noticed last week (5/6/10) that Wade had been drooling more and sticking his hands in his mouth more. Well I decided to look in his mouth and sure enough his top left molar had just broken the skin and was popping through. I looked around and all 4 of his molars will be in soon because his gums are so swollen and you can almost feel the teeth getting ready to pop through. Well this week I know he is teething because he has not been sleeping well and he has been doing the cutest thing. He keeps sticking his little tongue in and out and I thought he was just being silly but mom informed me that it feels good to their teeth and that he is rubbing it over the molars that are soon to be coming in. He also started getting a runny nose today and I am thinking that may be from teething too. I just hope these molars get here soon so he will feel better and start sleeping better.

The runny nose may also be from church/gym daycare. We have not been to the doctor's in over a month(that is big time for us considering we were there every week or two with all of his ear infections) and of course yesterday I mentioned that he had been well for awhile now and last night he started not feeling great. However we will not be going to the doctor's for a runny nose! I knew he would pick up some stuff now that he is being left more. He has been going to church for awhile now and he cries pretty much the entire time. Last week was a little better and he played some. It just breaks my heart because now that he is saying "momma" he says it when we hand him over to the workers. I am hoping this is just his age and he will grow out of the crying and enjoy playing with the other kids??? We just started taking him to the gym this week. I wanted to make sure flu and cold season were long gone before we started there. I thought he might get used to this faster since we go almost every day. I took him every day except for today and he has not done great. They have not had to come find me yet but he does cry off and on most of the time. I am only leaving him for 30-40 minutes until he gets used to it. Has anyone else had issues around this age??? So we will try again tomorrow and Saturday.

I have to get him used to being dropped off by Septemeber. I am so excited that he got into a Mother's Morning Out  program at a wonderful church literally one mile from our house. He will go every Monday from 9am-1145am. Mondays work out well because I can sleep if I need to after working Sunday evenings but I am sure I will be cleaning, grocery shopping or going to the gym instead. I almost had him enrolled in another program before I knew about this one but I am so thankful he got into the one in Apex because the other one was 15 min away so I would have spent most of my time driving. Most days we will probably walk there so Charlie can get his walk in as well. I love it because there are only 8 kids in his class and 2 teachers. He will be almost 18 months old and the age of the class is 12-24 months. I can't wait to take his first "school day" picture with him and his little book bag!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope his gums feel better. I bet all 4 molars will come in when we are on vacation. I know you're excited about Mother's Day Out! It seems like Tanner had a slight, and I mean slight, separation anxiety around that age, but he grew out of it very fast. Wade reminds me a lot of Tanner in his free-spirited ways so I think he'll get over it fast!

    ReplyDelete