Saturday, May 15, 2010

13 1/2 Months

Well I was not planning on posting until Wade had his 14 month old birthday but he is doing so many new and cute things I knew I would never remember! Not to mention getting ready for our trip and packing him up to stay with my parents for 5 days is going to have me pretty busy over the next week. I can't believe we are leaving in a little over a week. I am praying Wade gets over this "momma" phase he is going through. This past week it is like we have had a different child in the house. He cries for me when I lay him down for naps and at night and he really cries for 15-20 minutes. He also says my name ALL day long. I love it so much; but if I get out of his sight I hear this sweet voice saying "momma." It makes me a little worried about leaving him but I hope he will be so busy at the lake that hopefully he will do ok. I just hope he starts going to sleep like he used to. He is sleeping all night but it is a fight to get him to sleep. Last night I was about ready to scream because he was acting so bad (screaming), so I picked him up out of his bed and was going to rock him in the living room. Well Josh tried to hold him and he went crazy saying "momma" so I took him back. So he laid his head down on my should and was looking at Josh like "well I got my way!" After a few minutes I look at him again and he just made my heart melt (and Josh's). My sweet boy was waving to Josh. I just busted out laughing. Wade was just a smiling and waving. Well he has also mastered waving the correct way. He used to do the backwards wave but now he has got it down pat and bends those sweet little fingers. He did it a few times and it was precious!!! It was like he did not want Josh to get near him or hold him but bless his heart he wanted Josh to know he still liked him and wanted to say "hi."


Here are some other things he is up to:  Last week he checked out his first set of library books! He got to bring home three books and he was so excited; he loves the library. He has started dancing and singing. When a song comes on that he likes I hear that sweet voice trying to sing/hum. He has been doing patty cake and the itsy bitsy spider by himself. He is now blowing on all his food. I keep telling him to bite and he thinks I mean blow... I keep trying to tell him "grapes are not hot buddy." He now will walk up to his high chair when he is hungry and says "yum yum." He gets so excited over the little things and has started squealing, saying wow, and whoa! He now has the deep laugh that just cracks me up. He usually does it when he is doing something he is not supposed to be! Today for the first time he pushed up to a standing position from the floor without pulling up on anything. He is pretty much running everywhere and prefers to be outside. I can't wait to start going to the pool this week. He is trying to drop his morning nap and if he sleeps well at night he does not usually take one anymore. He has been sleeping until 8am which is great and goes back down for his nap around 1230-1pm. It is so nice to have our mornings free now. Last week he took a 3 hour nap! He is getting so big and changing so much each day. I know I can't bog about everything but hope to get as much as I can. I got my blog book today and I love it!!!!!! It is such a great way to record these precious milestones. Now if I can get better about taking pictures each week. I did not take any this past week until today. I need to find a happy medium... I either take way too many or not enough.

Here is wade playing in the box that my blog book came in. It came yesterday (much faster than they said) and I could not be happier. I love it and can't wait to do more. I think I am going to do one either yearly or twice a year. The only thing I wish they would have done was spell check. I should have done it myself but I noticed I had a word spelled wrong here and there. Overall it is great!! I highly recommend it to anyone that blogs. I am so not into scrapbooking, just not my thing, so I look at blogging as a way to scrapbook our lives.

2 comments:

  1. He is so sweet! Don't you just love it, but don't like it at the same time (him only wanting you)? Miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww YAY! The book looks great. Can't wait to order mine. Stokes has always been a mama's boy, but this weekend has been rough. He cries when I lay him in his crib now and I wonder if its because Brandon's mom has had him a couple of days this weekend and over night last weekend. I'm scared he may think if I don't lay him down that I won't ever come back. Poor baby! This needs to be straightened out before next week!

    ReplyDelete