Sunday, May 9, 2010

Show us Your Life- Baby Names

I usually don't participate in Kelly's Korner "Show us your life" Friday's but I love baby names so I though this week I would participate a few days late. This week is show us your baby names or future baby names. Growing up my sister and I always talked about what we would name our children and I can't remember many of the names I used to like except Hudson. I always thought I would name a boy Hudson if I had one. Well Josh and I both liked the name a lot but it has gotten so popular in the last few years so we decided not to use it. We almost used it for Wade's middle name but liked the way Harrison sounded better.

So how did we come up with Wade.... the funny thing is neither one of us can remember the exact night we decided. We looked at family names and really didn't have one that we loved. I really wanted to use one of our grandparents names but let me explain why we did not... Melba, Arnetta, Claudine, Alice, Farrell, Sarlie, Herbert, and Earl! Bless their hearts I love every one of the them but I did  not love their names for our child.  I love Farrell for a girl but Farrell Foltz just doesn't do it for me. My grandad Earl's real name is Aubrey Earl so if we ever have a little girl Aubrey may be a contestant. He is a great man. My Maternal grandmother's maiden name is Flemming and I liked that for a boy but once again Flemming Foltz would have gotten made fun of at school!!

So long story short we loved Wade... just a random name we liked. Simple, different, cute, but not off the wall. We knew there would most likely not be another Wade in his class. We also really loved Josh's middle name but we both wanted to use Wade as a first name and did not love Wade Nolan. So maybe if we have another boy we will use Nolan as a middle name? Harrison was a name the girls at work mentioned and I really liked it so I went home and asked Josh about it and he loved it. I was leaning towards Wade Hudson but after much discussion we picked Harrison and it fits him great. (Josh always said his name sounded athletic and that was important to him) I love his name and I am so happy we went with it. Wade Harrison we hope you grow up to love your name as much as we do!

Now for future children we may never decide on a name. We don't have the exact same taste. I like different names and Josh likes just a few names. For boys he likes Luke, Max, now his new favorite is Axton (me not so much). I love Luke but WAY too common for me. For girls he likes: He does not really like girl names because he wants another boy. He likes London (actually one of my fav's too), Eva, and Rivers, and thats it. Now if I liked Rivers it would be great because it is my maternal grandmother's maiden name and she was an amazing lady. It just doesn't do much for me.  For boys I love: Weston, Walker, Bennett, Colson, I know there are others but boy names are harder for me. For girls I love:  Miller (my favorite), Landry, Adalyn Kate, Aubrey Claire, Halle, London, Rowan, Eden Kate or any double name! I love using a double name for a little girl if we had one but I am not sure what I would put with Miller!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the names... but maybe not Axton, sorry Josh. It reminds me of Axl Rose! haha

    ReplyDelete