Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Westin Kate update

I went back to the doctors yesterday for my regular appt and a fluid check. Of course I saw the same doctor (who I really like) that put me on the bed rest last time. I really like him a lot but I think he is a little overly cautious compared to the other ones. The good news is that nothing has changed since my last appointment. I am 1cm but my cervical length from u/s is over 3 so they are happy about that. The u/s tech was great and we got to spend a lot of time seeing Westin Kate. She looked so sweet! Mom swears she has my profile!! She will probably look just like Josh and Wade but her profile does look a little different than Wade's did. She also has a little bit of hair already-so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she has lots of dark hair! (Wishful thinking I know)

Of course these are just the little fun things that I get excited about but I was most excited that her brain looked ok (no fluid anywhere), her lips looked good (they checked for cleft lip because of my high fluid levels), she had some fluid in her bladder and stomach (which means she is swallowing ok) so everything checked out ok. She was moving her little lips up and down and it was so sweet to see. They measured her again and she is still a little over average. She is in the 60% and they guessed her to weigh 3lbs and 6oz (which I think is big for 29 weeks!) My fluid level is 23 which is the very high end of normal, so they will keep watching me for this.

I have been having TONS of back pain, tightness in my stomach and hands, and I just feel huge and out of breath at times. Well now I know why. When they measured her she measured only one week ahead at 30 weeks. However my large stomach measured 34 weeks. Well no wonder I feel this way my stomach is measuring 5 weeks ahead. He asked me if I cramped more when I am on my feet (well of course I do) and when I said yes he said he wants me back on modified bed rest :( I am kind of doing a modified modified bed rest and not being the best patient. I am taking it easy and resting and if I start cramping I stop and sit down. He only wanted me up a hour a day total but the other two doctors did not think this was necessary. So I am trying really hard to do my best but I am probably up more than a hour a day. I really trust the other two doctors as well and they both told me I could be up as long as I felt ok and if I started hurting I needed to rest. Also there was no change at all in the last 2 weeks (actually my fluid level went down from 24.9 to 23.)

I am so thankful that I will be 30 weeks this week and I am really going to try to take it easy for the next 4-5 weeks, once I get to 36 weeks....let the walking begin!! Of course Westin Kate has made us think she is going to come early but just wait...I bet they will end up inducing me!!!!! Other good news (this will make my sister happy) the nursery is almost done. I have started and stoped three times and bought stuff and taken stuff back but now I am happy. Her colors are my favorite colors-lime green and pinks! It looks really cute so far. I just have to get her curtains made and get her wall decal ordered and we are all set. I will take some pictures when its all done. Oh I also need a rug but I know that will take me awhile to find the right one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment