Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Parade

We were not sure if we were going to make it to the parade this year. Papaw passed away last Friday and the parade was Saturday night. We spent most of the day Saturday at the funeral home/cemetery but we got everything taken care of and had time to get to the parade. I know Papaw would have been so mad at us if we didn't take Wade. I got some cute pictures of Wade and Colton at the parade and I will post those soon.

Wade is at such a fun age and he had a great time. He sat with his buddy Colton and they were so funny and cute. They would dance and clap and yell "Merry Christmas." The weather was pretty nice, it only got really cold towards the very end. My parents and Ashley and Zach all went. It was nice for mom to get out of the house but I think towards the end she started getting sad. The other night we were doing something and she said she wished she was still taking care of Papaw (she is glad he isn't in pain but misses being with him!) I think it is so hard when you put your life on hold for a month and take care of someone sick 24/7 and then one day you have to just go right back to normal everyday things. It really shows you that the little things in life that we used to worry about really don't matter all that much. I am so proud of her and my aunt for taking such great care of their dad. I know he was proud of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment