Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 23rd, 2011

Last night we had my mom's side of the family Christmas party. We always do Christmas at mom's house. We have such a small family on her side so it is nice to all get together for dinner and presents. We used to draw names and this year we decided to only buy for the kids (Wade and Kayla) and Papaw. It was bittersweet without Papaw here this year; we missed having him with us but I am so glad he is with Grandma for Christmas this year. I know they are celebrating because Grandma LOVED Christmas probably more than anyone I have ever met. Its hard to even imagine what Christmas will be like in Heaven.

Everyone made a casserole and we brought the desserts and it was all so good. Wade of course had a blast opening his presents this year. He got a little greedy (I know its hard to imagine a 2 yr old being greedy) and kept wanting more after he would open one. He also got to open his gifts from Ashley and Zach because they headed back to their house last night. Wade and Westin Kate both got some great stuff. Thanks to everyone for all the goodies!





I love this one of our entire family, I can't remember the last time we got a good one with everyone looking!







This was Wade and Papaw last year at Christmas! I just love this picture of both of them. Its hard to remember Wade being so small.

 Just missing one special person this time!!

This is what happens when it is past bed time and you tell someone that they can't play with mommy's camera!



No comments:

Post a Comment