Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vacation!!

I can't believe it is vacation time! Besides Christmas, Summer vacation is my favorite time of the year. I was a little sad yesterday about leaving Wade but today has been better and I am getting excited. I always hate leaving him but I know he will be just fine and it is good for all of us. I truly feel like it is good for him to get a little break from us and it is always good for Josh and I to get away together. I need to say a big "Thanks" to my parents and Ashley & Zach for watching Wade for us.  It is so nice to not have to worry while we are gone. However we may have a little monster child when we get back. Wade usually gets his way when he is with them!!! I will have lots of pictures to share when we get back.

Wade is getting a special pizza dinner and is going on a trip to Monkey Joe's with Josh tonight. I have a quick meeting for Thirty-One so Josh is going to take Wade to play!! We may even let Wade stay up a little late tonight just because!! I was going to let him stay up a little late last night but we spent 3 hours at the pool yesterday afternoon and by 8:30p he was done!!!! He actually said "leave room mommy" when I was standing by his bed last night. He always makes me laugh!

We have a little swimmer on our hands. I found his little ear plugs and he went to town. He was jumping off the side by himself and going all the way under. Of course it scares me to death. He even "swims" to the ladder by himself. Thanks to my great friend Erin we found the perfect swimmy float. It is called "Puddle Jumpers" and it is FANTASTIC! I will have to take a picture because he looks so cute in it. I got it from Target and he can jump in and it pops him right back up and it holds him up so he can float or swim alone. I was talking to mom and looked up and my little swimmer had gone and lifted the rope and was out in the deeper end just smiling away. I could not believe that way my 2 year old; I am telling you he has no fear. I nicely lectured (I am sure they love that!) my parents about him and the lake water. It just scares me that he would possibly jump in or walk right on out in the lake. I know they raised me but that's my sweet baby!! Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment