Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!! We had are really good day today. It stinks that I have to work now but I am so thankful that I work evenings and got to spend almost the entire day with him. In a couple of weeks I am getting set up from home and I can't wait. I will still have to come in some but not as much as I do now (which I only work every other weekend so it really isn't that bad.) Wade gave me the best present ever today. We were sitting at my moms and he was playing and walked up and hugged me for no reason. Josh saw him and said "you love mommy" and I hear this sweet voice say " I love her!" Oh I just squeezed him so hard and kissed him. I love that sweet boy!

We went to church today and it was a "special" day at church because Wade moved up to the 2yr old room. We have been talking about changing rooms and all he would say is "mommy and daddy be right back!" I was a little nervous that he may cry but he did wonderful. He was so excited because we have a under the sea theme in Kid City and it is so cool back there. He just kept looking around at everything and smiling. He walked right in and waved bye to us. I was so proud of him. When we went back to pick him up I was thinking that they were going to tell me he cried some. Boy was I wrong...what a great Mother's Day present!! They told me they could not believe how well he did and that they love him. One teacher said she asked "who is this kid that is walking around smiling and waving to everyone!" I am telling you Wade is now turning into this little social butterfly. Last night he was yelling "kids kids" "friends" to the neighborhood kids playing in the cul-ti-sac. Here is the part that shocked me the most. This afternoon he asked if we could go to church. Is this my same child who used to cry all the way to church? He even colored me this wonderful Mother's Day card today. I have to say I think he needed some structure; he may have been getting bored in his old nursery class. He told us they played ring around the roses and ate pretzels today too!! I love that he can tell us what he does now. I am so thankful for our children's ministry at church; it is amazing.

We went to lunch and to the park after church and then went home to nap and relax. We had a great day. Happy Mother's Day to everyone and especially to our wonderful Moms!! I took a few pictures today and I will post those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment