Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lately...

We have had a great week and weekend. We really haven't had a lot going on besides finishing up some housework and playing outside. We had our first "party" last night and we had a great time. I didn't take any pictures because we were too busy laughing the entire time. Our couple friends came over to cook out around 730p...the next time I looked 1:00am and we are all still having a blast. We have not done that in a long time! I just love these girls and guys so much; we try to do something every few weeks or at least once a month and next month is our couple's beach trip!!  My stomach was actually sore from laughing so hard (and from my body pump class!) Wade was so funny...I told him our friends were coming over and he looked at me and said "my friends coming too!" I told him "well we will see." I told him baby Luke was coming but he is only 8 weeks old so he couldn't really play!! Well I was wrong. While we were waiting for our friends to get there we were outside playing and all of Wade's friends came over to play in our front yard. The three older girls and the little boy next door wanted to play and Wade was so excited. I guess he was right after all!!

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom and Mother-in-law!!! You guys are the BEST and we appreciate everything you do for us. I hope you both have a great day.

We don't have a lot planned for Mother's Day tomorrow. We try to keep our Sunday's pretty low key. We will go to church  and then we are getting brunch/lunch with mom before it is family nap time!! We always take naps on Sunday and it is just lovely. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night so we will be hanging out at home this weekend. I told Josh the only thing I want for Mother's Day is a relaxing day and a clean kitchen...and maybe a new outfit or two for our trip. I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!

It is countdown time to our Jamaica trip. We are about 2.5 weeks away. I can't wait...I am always sad to leave my sweet boy but once I see that beach and blue water I will be just fine. I have to say I am not quite as sad as I was last year. I think it is because he is older and understands so much more. I told him this week that Mommy and Daddy were going on a airplane for a special trip and my sweet boy says "I go airplane one day too!" At that moment I wanted to take him with me but I know it is always so fun for Josh and I to get away for a few days and just relax. I think it makes us better parents. Not to mention we get some great quality time with our friends The Nicholson's. We always have so much fun with them!

Wade has been cracking us up again. One reason I love this age so much is because he is saying so many funny things. Sometimes he will say something and Josh and I will look at each other like "did he really just say that?" We had to go to the ENT last week and he talked the entire time. One tube is out and one tube is still functioning so hopefully we will not have too many ear infections coming our way. He actually made many friends in the waiting room and as we are being called back they were so funny and were saying "bye Wade." Oh my social butterfly! Even the nurse and the doctor both asked me if he talks like this all the time...yes he does and this is why I am worn out some days!! I will have to do a entire post on some of the funny things he has said lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment