Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our week!

We have just been too busy. I love going places and having fun things for us to do but I think after this week I just want to stay home for a little bit!! I feel like we have had something almost every night of the week/weekend.

Wade and I had a great time in Greenville this week. We went for one night to go see Melissa's sweet new baby, Avalyn and had so much fun. Normally I would NEVER take Wade with me to go see a brand new baby. However Melissa is more like family to us and she has a 2.5yr old and we wanted them to get together one last time :(  I am so sad because they are moving closer to home and heading to Michigan next week. We will miss seeing them so much. Wade and Tyler play so well together. I know we will keep in touch and go visit some but it isn't the same as the short 1.5hr drive that we have now.

After spending the day with them we headed over to our "hotel" in Greenville. We always stay at our best friends house when we go. We are so thankful Carrie and Brandon always let us stay with them!! We have so much fun getting to spend time with them and their boys. Josh didn't get to go this time because we went during the week. I thought Josh was going to have the best time having some "alone" time at home. He was so sweet and called us Tuesday night and wanted us to come home; he said the house was too quiet!! I just love my extroverted husband. We couldn't be more opposite on this aspect of life. Sometimes I just love to come home to a quiet house and sit on the couch by myself and do absolutely nothing. Wednesday morning we got to go to a play date with all of our old bible study girls and we had a great time. I miss Jennifer, Stephanie and Carrie so much. I have to say I don't miss Greenville as much as I used to but I do still miss my sweet friends so much.

We got back Wednesday and Josh had a work dinner so he was so sad he didn't see Wade for two full days. Wade was already in bed when Josh got home. Thursday night we had Wade's 2 yr old pictures in downtown Apex and I am so excited to see how those turned out. He did so great and I was so proud of him. He was so funny and after the first two or three pictures he stood up and said "now all done!" Little did he know we had a few more. We took his gold clubs and dinosaurs (two of his favorite things) and got a couple really cute one's with those. I can't wait to share them all.

Last night we had my Papaw's bday party and had a great time. Poor Josh left work yesterday to go to the doctor (that NEVER happens) because his ear was hurting so bad. He has a really bad ear infection :(  Hopefully he will start feeling better soon.

This morning we had our neighborhood yard sale. We really didn't have much stuff but we wanted to try to get rid of the few things we did have. We made about $70 and I was pretty happy about that! So needless to say after being a "single" mom for two full days and being so busy I am worn out. Wade was so good the entire time we were gone but having him by myself for two full days made me appreciate weekends and 530p when Josh is home from work!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment