Friday, April 8, 2011

Big Boy!

We had Wade's 2 year old check up today. It is still hard for me to believe he is two. The girls in the office could not get over how big he was. I love that it is a smaller office and they all know wade. I am so very sad because the NP that wade has seen since he was 4 months old (when we moved here) is moving. We will really miss seeing her. It is so wonderful that we only have to go once a year now unless he is sick.

Wade did really well and of course made me laugh. The visit started off bad because he walked right into the glass door on our way in and hit his head pretty hard. After calming him down he sat still in my lap (that was a miracle) until his name was called. I think his head must have hurt. While we were waiting for the NP to come in Wade was talking away and asking about everything. He asked about the picture of the little guy on the hand washing station and the picture of the man on the wall (its a picture of someones nose, mouth and throat.) Well I didn't think much of it and a few minutes later a NP student came in to do her assessment. What is the first thing my child says "wash hands" I was so embarrassed; I don't think he meant to tell her to wash her hands but we were talking about the hand washing guy and I think he was talking about that. Well she laughed and said "yes I am going to wash my hands for you!"  So if that wasn't bad enough he then looks at the picture of the man on the wall and says "that guy naked!!" Oh the things he is saying. He of course showed off a little with spelling his name when she asked what his name was. He also named some colors for her. She was so impressed with his speech and development. Our NP then came in and Wade yells "hey miss Julie" (we had been talking about seeing Mrs. Julie.) He checked out great today and got a great report.

I am so thankful for a healthy boy. He weighed 30.6 lbs and was in the 80th% (he had actually lost a pound since he didn't eat much at the beginning of the week.) He was 35 inches tall, (I can't believe he is almost 3 feet tall already) which is the 75th% for height. They are now doing BMI for kids 2 and over and his was 17 which she said was great. His head is still on the smaller side and is in the 50th%. We have waited to give him his MMR vaccine (usually they get it between 12-15 months) but decided to go ahead and give it today. Wade has never had any combined vaccines except DTAP (just personal preference) so this was the first one. Hopefully he will do just fine. I decided to separate all his shots when I was pregnant with him. After talking with one of my favorite doctors in Greenville and learning about all this I thought it was a good idea. It really didn't have so much to do with Autism but just because I didn't want him to have to get more than 2 shots at a time. I had to bring him in more often to do it this way but it worked well for us. So he needs another Polio vaccine and then he is all caught up!! Wade cried before and after his MMR shot but once we got the lollipop he was just fine. It is amazing what a lollipop will do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment