Monday, April 25, 2011

Not funny!

So my now 2 year old is starting to get a little more testy! He has started saying "no" and "now" and I am trying my hardest to put an end to it. He actually yelled "NOW" a couple of times this weekend and one time his wonderful daddy stopped the car to set him straight!! I love seeing Josh that way; he is usually the most laid back easy going person I have ever met. However this one sweet little boy who has started talking back really gets daddy worked up. I had to hide my face in the car because I was laughing so hard at Josh. Actually after disciplining wade Josh was laughing too. We just want to try to stop the talking back before it gets out of hand. Spanking is not really working because Wade has started wanting to hit after we spank; so we need to figure out something else? I am trying now to get down eye level with him and telling him "no" in a stern voice without yelling. Hopefully this will work.

Today we were in the playroom and I was telling him "no" and I hear my sweet 2 year old saying "I said yes." I tried not to laugh while saying "excuse me?" and he said it again "I said yes!" Oh I was not thrilled about this one.

We went to the gym and of course he behaved perfectly...I ask them daily to make sure he isn't pushing or hitting or anything like that. I would much rather him be well behaved around other people. We were in the car today and he said "that boy say NO" and I asked him what boy and he said "boy at the gym." He then told me "that not nice" and then he said "not nice to hit, not nice to push, not nice to say now" I was so glad he is understanding...even though he says those things and pushes some at least he is learning that they are not nice things to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment