Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wade's Party

We headed down to the lake Saturday night after the twins party. Wade was so excited to get to the lake. He only had an hour nap that day and he was worn out to. We played for a bit and then headed to Cook's BBQ. For those of you who have never been to High Rock Lake boy are you missing out!! Lets see you have to drive 30 minutes to get anywhere besides a gas station or the marina. Except for Cook's BBQ...it is this little hole in the wall place about 5 minutes from my parents lake house and it is wonderful. The food is so not healthy but it is so good!! I love it at the lake though because you don't do a thing but spend your time outside and cook out. It is so relaxing. So we all went to eat and had a great time, wade was so good even though he was worn out.

Sunday we got up and did some grocery shopping for the party. Wade played with Mimi and Pops and then he took an early nap since his party was at 3pm. We had a family party for him and it turned out well. The weather was so nice; just a little windy. Wade was one special boy and got so many wonderful things. Thank you everyone!! He had a lot of sweets on Saturday and I guess it hurt his stomach because he would not even touch his cupcake birthday cake. He ate one M&M off of it but then he said "all done!" I said this can not be my child; I would have eaten the entire cupcake. He ended up having some really bad diapers that night and Monday so I think the sugar must have hurt his stomach. He hardly EVER has any sugar besides yogurt and granola bars so I think it was just too much for him. We took so many pictures but here are a few of my favorites. Wade was so excited about his "Elmo Birthday!" I was excited that Wade got to wear his Elmo shirt three different times.










Wade loves all of his new toys, he had been asking for a cowboy hat and my grandma found him one. Josh and I got him a bike (or so I thought) and he opened another present without a card and it was a real golf set. This was a surprise from his daddy. Wade loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment