Tuesday, September 20, 2011

PRESCHOOL!

I am not sure who is more excited about school...Wade or me! Wade started school on Monday (Sept. 19th) and he did great. He immediately walked in and went right to the train table and started playing. I had to make him give me a hug and a kiss. I was worried because we missed the first week but he teachers said you would have never known it was his first day. Of course he loved outside time and he talked about lunch time. He told me "that girl had a pop tart and it had sprinkles!!" I LOVE that they take their lunch. They go from 9:15-12:15 and eat lunch at 11:45am. It works perfect because once we get home it is close to nap time and I don't have to worry about lunch. If I don't get him down by 1pm he gets overly tired and does not nap.

There are 12 kids in his class and three teachers. I think its great that they have three teachers in the two year old room. He was most excited about taking his lunch in his new lunch box. Mom got him a toy story lunch box and he thought he was pretty cool. He never wants his picture taken and for some reason he was so excited about taking "first day of school pictures," he even stood and posed for a couple!! He goes back tomorrow and seems pretty excited about it. I am hoping he has a great day tomorrow too.




Wade did embarrass me pretty bad on his first day. We were in the hallway waiting to go in and some mom's were introducing their kids to Wade. Well the one mom says, "this is Hillary" so I told Wade to say "hi" to Hillary and what does he say..."Hey Boobie" pretty much as loud as he could. I was so embarrassed and just apologized and made him say "hi" again the correct way! Oh this boy is going to keep us busy.




I guess it was a good sign that Wade did not want to leave his room when we got there to get him. I was the second mom in line and we ended up leaving last because he decided to stay in the room a little longer. Bless his heart he thinks I wait outside for him while he is in school. He says "you wait outside for me?" and sometimes he asks if I wait in the car for him. I told him yes I wait for you while you are at school (just didn't mention that I wait at home) I do LOVE the fact that I can now make hair appointments, OB appointments and run errands child free ( for the next 5 months.) It is so nice that I don't have to find a babysitter to do those things.


Wade was so happy that Daddy was able to come pick him up from school too!

No comments:

Post a Comment