Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby Names

Its funny because most girls I know love talking about baby names. I remember even in high school we would "pick our baby names" and share them with each other. It is so funny because over the years the names I always thought I would use are not the names we have picked for our kids. Josh and I agree on a lot of names thankfully. He tends to like the more "normal" or popular one's and I like the names that are not very common.

Now with that said Wade was a name we both LOVED because it was not popular at all. We even researched it and it had not been on the top 100 list in many many years. Actually not since the 1970's. Since we moved to Apex we have met two Wade's. One lives in our cul-ti-sac (he is 12) and the other is actually in Wade's Sunday school class. I never thought he would go to church with another Wade. Our Wade is "blonde Wade!" After this week though he will go back to being the only Wade at church because Josh, Wade and I are moving to the Apex campus. Our church is HUGE and it is launching a third campus and we decided to move because it is in Apex and we wanted to be part of the core group starting this church. Most of our close couple friends from church are moving too so we think it will be great for all of us!!

Baby #2 has actually had his/her name picked out for awhile now. Even before we found out we were pregnant. We decided we wanted to stick with a "W" name because I have LOTS of cute monogrammed clothes and bags and I wanted to be able to use them again. Well it took us a little while because "W" names are hard. There are not many that we like...especially for girls. The name we picked ironically works for a boy or a girl. I have always loved boy names for girls. I love Ryan for a girl or Charlotte/Charlie; I just think it is so cute. Thankfully Josh liked this idea too. So here are our names for sweet baby #2....

Westin Hayes

or

Westin Kate

If it is a boy I wanted him to have the exact same monogram as Wade. Wade is Wade Harrison. For a girl I just needed the "W" because I wouldn't be using the boy clothes anyways.  I love my handmade diaper bag and it has a "W" on it too. I also have a couple of sleepers that could go either way and they have "W's" on them. And you know their bathroom towels will have to have a monogram on them as well! Josh loves my addiction. If it is a girl we will probably call her both names "Westin Kate" at least for a little while. I just love using a double name for a little girl. A double name, a big hair bow, and a smocked dress....oh a girl would be expensive! We went back and forth with how to spell Westin but we decided we like it best with a "i." Westin is a little more popular for a boy name than Wade but we love it. However I have not heard it yet for a girl.

And yes we do know already what this sweet baby is but that post will have to wait until tomorrow. We are having a little family party and doing a gender cake. We had a early ultrasound at 15 weeks and the baby had their legs spread wide open for us. Much more cooperative that Wade was. I know it is still early but the US tech was pretty certain about the sex. I will feel better after our next ultrasound in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment