Thursday, September 15, 2011

My big boy!

I feel like I have been blogging so much lately about my pregnancy that it is past time for a Wade post!! He is just a mess these days. Overall he is pretty good but he has so much ENERGY and is really ALL BOY! He can be the sweetest thing one minute and then he is like a raging animal the next. I know that this is due to the fact that he is almost 2.5 (well I hope so at least!) He has been talking for awhile now but just in the past month or so he has advanced even more in talking. It is so nice we can have a entire conversation with him; he is like a little person now. Now this will bore most of you but here are the funny things he has been saying the past few weeks.


  • "See all my toys, its a mess."
  • "come on upstairs and play with Wade"
  • "I can't be a big brother ANYTIME!"
  • "Aww you don't have chocolate?"
  • "you got a mad face still?"
  • " I stay at Mimi's house just 5 more minutes!"
  • "30 more minutes to play"
  • "but not now," he says this when he doesn't want to go somewhere...then he says "we go there next week!"
  • "Best friends...ever"
  • "Orange is my favorite color in the whole world" (this week it is white and it was blue last week!!)
  • "You paying bills mommy?" (I must do this too much)
  • "guys lets roll" ( I have no idea where he got this from, he told this to Josh when he was ready to go!)


I forgot to blog about Wade hurting his eye last month. He was running and playing and ran down the hall into the playroom and tripped and hit the corner of his eye on the bottom (hard) part of our couch. I was at work so I didn't see it but he had a nice red/black eye the next day. He was so tough and only cried for a few minutes Josh said. I think this was his "first" real accident and I hope it is his last for awhile.


He also said something that I was not proud of but I wanted to blog about it so I wouldn't forget. We were at the beach and he asked why he was getting a baby and I said "Because God wanted to give you a baby." Well I didn't expect to hear a response but he says "Well then God would be mean!!" Bless this sweet baby's heart. I will say this week he seems a little more excited and ok with having a sister. I did explain to him that God was not mean and that God was giving him another friend!!


In other big news Wade is going to start preschool on Monday. He has been on a couple of waiting list for preschools in Apex but I found one in Cary (only 10 min away) that had a spot open in the M/W class. He will go for 3 hours and he has to take his lunch. That makes me smile; I can't wait to see his little self carrying his lunch to school. They only do this in the 2yr old class because they are all hungry before 12p. He goes from 915-1215p. We went today for a tour and I was really pleased with it. He will have Chapel once a week and music class weekly. They get outside time each day and do a craft each day as well. He already says "you stay with me on Monday mommy?" I am a little worried about leaving him but I really think he is going to love it. I think he is so ready for this. He needs some socialization and some STRUCTURE!! I LOVE our playgroup and we will keep doing that but I want him to have a little stuctured play/learning a couple times a week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment