Friday, September 23, 2011

It's still a GIRL!!

Today we had our anatomy ultrasound. We were so thankful that everything looked good on ultrasound. We saw two arms/legs, fingers and toes, and heard a good strong heartbeat of 146! We were also excited because we got to have second look to make sure she is really a she. I feel so much better after today; we got two great shots and it is indeed a little girl. So thankful that Westin Kate looked healthy!!

My mom and sister went with us and we took Wade. He was so excited to see the baby. He kept asking me "you going to lay on that chair?" and then he would say "we see baby's heartbeat?" He has heard her heartbeat before with the doppler at home and he put two and two together that we were going to hear the heartbeat again today. The sweetest thing happened. I told Wade yesterday "maybe she will wave to you" and he would get so excited last night and this morning and say "maybe she will wave to me?" Well I was really hoping she would throw her little arm up so we could tell him she waved. Sure enough only about a minute or two into the u/s that little arm and hand went right up and it looked just like a wave. The u/s tech got a great picture of her "waving" and froze it on the screen and told Wade to look. He was SO EXCITED that she actually waved to him (we were too!!)

He was really funny and actually pretty good going to his first appointment.  He was a little loud in the waiting room but had everyone in there laughing at him. When she called us back he says "mommy sit on the chair...but not me!" Then he said again "but not me" bless him, he wanted to make sure she knew it was not a appointment for him. He was also worried about the gel she put on my belly!! Poor guy has to go today and get two shots and I am already dreading it :(

Westin Kate measured right on track. I am 17 weeks and 5 days and she measured one day ahead at 17wk and 6 days. Right now she weighs 1/2 a pound. Our little peanut!! I have been thinking she is smaller than Wade was because I have not started feeling her move yet. I was feeling Wade move when I was just over 16 weeks. I went back and looked (this is why I LOVE blogging!!) and Wade was MUCH bigger than her. I had my u/s with Wade at 18 wks and 4 days and he was 11.5 oz. Westin was 8oz today. I can't believe he was this big at 18 weeks. Westin measured one day ahead and our big boy measured 2 weeks ahead. He has just been big from the beginning!! Maybe this is a good thing and I will have a 7lb baby this time!! We are so thankful for a good report today and so excited to see our sweet girl!! I even had to go out and buy a couple of little things today for her. Wade managed to get a few cute things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment