Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Blog Book/Schedule

I am so excited because I ordered my 2011 blog book last night. Blog2print is doing 15% off for a couple of days so I took advantage of it. They don't offer coupons too often so I was excited to get their email. Blogging does take some time but every time I look at my blog books I am SO thankful that I have this keepsake for our family. I LOVE my books and even looked at them yesterday.

WK wasn't napping well yesterday so I wanted to look back and see what Wade was doing at 4 months old. Sure enough Wade was doing the same thing-taking these short one hour naps. So I kept reading and it wasn't until 6-7 months that he got on a good nap schedule. I did notice however that he was sleeping better at night than her. Last night she did pretty good went to bed at 845p. I woke her at 1130 to feed her and then she slept until 5am. That is the best she has done lately. I am thinking we may be adding some rice cereal soon-my big girl is hungry!

I love that I can just look back and see what Wade was up to at 4 months old-it seems so long ago. I hardly ever blog about Wade's schedule but I know when she is 3 and he is 6 (that is so strange!!) I won't remember what he was doing at age 3. Of course this is our Summer schedule-things will be different when school starts.  This post will be boring for most-it is just a way for me to look back in a few years and see what he was up to! So here goes:

Wade's Schedule:

730am-Wake up time (I hear his little voice coming into our room-some days if he is really tired he will sleep until 8/815am- but most days its 730am)
745-8am- Breakfast time/Cartoon time-since WK sleeps much later I usually get him breakfast and we all lay and watch tv
8-930am- Usually he will watch one show and then he is ready to go in the playroom. He does a great job of playing/watching TV while I get up and pick up the house. We try to do something together like read a book/puzzle while she is still sleeping. We also get dressed and ready for the day.
930-10am-We are usually heading out the door around this time each day. We almost always do something in the mornings. Either the park, pool or library. Sometimes we just go for a walk. Twice a week we meet friends for play dates and pretty much every day we play with Courtney's kids.
10am-1230p-This is our "play" time each day. I either pack his lunch for the day or I pick us up something on the way home. We try to head home between 1230-1p so we can get ready for naps
1-130p-Wade goes down for his nap (so thankful he still naps great!!) He normally sleeps 2-3 hours. He may not fall asleep right away but he does great staying in his room until he does
4pm- Wade is usually up by 4pm every day. Some days if he is really tired or doesn't go down until 2pm he will sleep until 430p. We almost always have a snack or popsicle after nap time.
4-530p- This is the longest part of our day!! We usually play in the playroom or outside and sometimes if Wade didn't watch too much TV earlier he will watch something while I am getting dinner ready (if I cook that day!!!!!)
530p-Daddy's home!! This is probably Wade's (and my) favorite part of the day. If we are staying home we usually eat dinner by 6pm. Sometimes we go for a run, to the pool, the park etc. A lot of times we just play outside in the yard after dinner.
730-8p-Time for us to head inside to get ready for bed-take baths/brush teeth etc.
815p-Book/Story time-Wade LOVES for Josh to tell him his bedtime stories or ready books. He always "negotiates" how many books/stories. I will always hear "2 stories and 2 books!!" Except for Monday nights Josh pretty much always does bed time.
830p- Bed Time!! Of course some nights we get home late or play a little late but we really try to have everything done by 830p. Summer time makes it hard because it is so nice outside and we always hate coming inside. Once school starts back we will be more strict about bed time. We love Wade but it is so nice to close his door at 830p and have some time for ourselves. He does great and stays in his room all night. I probably shouldn't even say this but Wade has NEVER come into our room during the night. Every once in awhile he will have a bad dream and wake up and call for us but he never gets up.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great idea! I need to see your books! Can you choose to not print some posts?

    ReplyDelete