Thursday, June 7, 2012

4 Months Old

Well another month has gone by and Westin Kate was 4 months old yesterday. I just can't believe it. I am going to have a 6 month old before I know it. It is so sad because this month I feel like she has really lost that newborn/little baby look and now looks like a big girl. She is still the sweetest, easiest baby. Some days I just look at her and wonder how we got so blessed to have such a sweet baby. She hardly ever cries-actually can't remember the last time she really cried. Every now and then when she doesn't want to be in the car seat she will cry but other than that she is always so happy. She loves to look around and see what is going on and she does not want to lay back anymore. I used to always lay her back on a pillow propped up but now she pulls that little head up and wants to sit like a big girl. She loves Wade so much and always smiles at him. Here are some things that she is up to:





  • around 14.5lbs-we go to the doctor on the 15th- I have no idea how long she is
  • wears mostly 3-6 months but can wear some 6 months clothes
  • size 2 diapers
  • eats well every 2-3 hours- she usually does a 3-3.5hr stretch after her 730am feeding and then after that she eats every 2-2.5 hours until bedtime
  • At night she eats around 8-9pm (some nights I dream feed at 11p), wakes up around 445/5am eats, wakes up at 730am eats and then sleeps until 9am!!!!!
  • She still naps a lot...10am-one hr nap,  around 1230/1p-one hr nap (she wakes up to eat then goes back to sleep for 1-2 hours), still takes a 30-40 min nap around dinner time. Bedtime- 830-9p.  This girl likes to sleep.
  • has started grabbing things...including my hair.
  • We have entered the "everything goes in my mouth stage" and loves to keep her hands in there
  • I think she is going to get some little bottom teeth soon
  • smiles so big when you talk to her and has started to "chuckle" some.
  • has really started to notice table food-I think one more month and then I am going to start rice cereal-I will probably wait until 6 months for baby food
  • is "talking" more and more and she is going to be loud like her brother!!
  • sat in the bumbo and exersaucer for the first time this past week
  • has had her first lake and beach trip
  • is doing much better in the car-she only cries if it is close to eating time
  • still on her reflux medicine
  • naps in her crib and goes down at night in her crib- I still move her to the pack n play when we go to bed -I am keeping her with us one more month-since she is our last little baby :) Actually once we buy a baby monitor we may move her
  • usually loves going for walks/run in the jogging stroller
  • has stayed in the church nursery two times and has done great
  • wants to be in her bed when she is tired and has never cried when going to sleep- I can't believe this one. With Wade we had to do the "cry it out" quite a bit but WK just goes to sleep wonderfully.
  • has the cutest cheeks and the chubbiest arms and legs-I just love how chubby she is!
  • has dimples just like her  brother and daddy
  • loves anything that lights up or plays music
  • is so close to rolling over-has done it once but that was just a fluke. She is so wiggle and moves all over her bed without rolling over.
  • loves to pull her paci out of her mouth and has gotten in back in once!


1st time in her exersaucer...I had just changed her clothes so I didnt have an outfit downstairs but we did have a hairbow!! We love you sweet girl and can't believe how big you are getting. You are so sweet and so much fun to be around!





No comments:

Post a Comment