Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Well Josh had a great Father's Day until about 4pm on Sunday. I had to work all weekend so Friday I packed the kids up and we left Josh a note that said we were gone for the evening and that there was soda and beer waiting for him and the pizza was on the way. Josh had to really help me on Thursday when I was so sick so I wanted to give him a "night off!"

We left him some goodies and ordered a pizza and told him to watch Sports Center or take a nap. I took the kids and we had a great time playing. We got home a few minutes before 8pm so Wade could see Josh before bed. Josh was sleeping when we got home and I think he enjoyed his time alone. He put Wade to bed and then went with Zach to play golf.

Saturday we went to the Farmers market, the park and then the pool. It was such a fun morning. WK and I went to a baby shower and Josh got all the yard work done while Wade napped. Sunday we all went to church. We both served second service and then went to Mexican for a Father's Day lunch. We love eating Downtown. After lunch we came home for naps and then Josh had a 4pm massage. I was so excited about his hot stone massage because he has been having some shoulder issues. Well he said it would have been the best massage he had ever had except...he started feeling sick right before it started. I wish he would have canceled but he was already there.







He called me from the parking lot after he was done and he was throwing up :( Now normally this wouldn't be an issue but it was 5pm and I had to leave at 515p for work. So I frantically called my sister and she and Zach came and got the kids and watched them until bed time. I am so thankful they live close by now and can help us. I thought Josh would be fine to put them to bed but he was so sick. I actually had to call my sweet neighbor and she had to come get WK and feed her and get her to sleep. Josh could barely stand up to fix her bottle. WK was screaming and I felt horrible. We were short 2 nurses until 10p and I was in charge and couldn't leave until 10p. So my sweet neighbor Patricia kept WK at her house until I got home. Thankfully she got her fed and settled down and she went to sleep. I am so glad she was home (so was Josh!!) So the first part of his Father's Day was great and the 2nd part was not so great. I am glad we celebrated early on Friday!! Love this picture of my two boys. Wade was SO excited to go with me to get breakfast Sunday morning and to eat in bed with Daddy!


I just love this picture of them. Happy Father's Day Josh. We are so thankful for everything that you do for us. These two are so blessed to have such a great Dad!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment