Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mini Vacation

Josh and I are so excited because tomorrow we are leaving for a long weekend getaway!! WK will be tagging along with us but Wade will be staying with Mimi and Pops for the weekend. We are going to Lake Gaston with our couple friends. We started this tradition last year and we all went to the beach. We are so blessed to have such a great group of friends. There are 7 couples total so it tends to get a little crazy with all 14 of us!! Basically we eat, sleep, lay out, laugh and play games all weekend-and maybe enjoy a glass of wine or two. This year won't be quite as relaxing for me because of WK but it will still be fun. We are leaving early tomorrow morning because the guys are playing golf while the girls "float" in the sun. That's the best part about our group of friends. The guys love hanging out together just as much as the girls do. Now that we have two sweet babies we don't get to see everyone as much as we would like. The girls have "girls night" once a month and we usually do something as a big group at least once a month. We all live about 5-10 min away from each other which is nice too. Wade is excited because he is going to the lake too.

Wade has been saying the funniest things this week. A couple of days ago I heard him in the playroom singing, "I am super Wade and I am super cool!" Then yesterday he tells me "I am cute you know...Daddy tells me this." Oh he makes me laugh so much.

Today we were riding in the car and he says "I have hair on my leg," I thought he meant a hair so I told him to wipe it off. He then says "No, the hair like daddy has on his legs" I guess the sun was shining in his window and he noticed the blond hairs on his legs, haha.  He is at a challenging age but such a funny and cute one.

Wade also likes to say things about me breastfeeding. He says "you have the biggest boobies I have ever seen!" When Josh asked him how many boobies he has seen he said "20." Well if you know my husband you know he was very proud of that answer!! He also told me today "You have the biggest flat boobies" and "I have to tell Pops that WK eats out of your boobies" I told him Pops already knows this so there is no reason to tell him. He also asked me "Why doesn't Nana have milk in her boobies" -he wanted Nana to feed WK one day at the beach!!

I am excited to get away but I know I will miss Wade so much. He hasn't been away from us in three days in a long time. I know he will have a blast though and will get lots of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment