Monday, June 11, 2012

Five years and a Lake trip!!

We had a great weekend away with our friends. It was crazy with 14 of us and a baby in one little house but we had a blast. Everyone just loves WK and she loved all the attention!! She did great and we were so proud of her. I think she cried for maybe 10 minutes the entire three days we were there. She still isn't napping great (she takes one hr cat naps all day) so that made it a little hard but she pretty much napped anywhere. Some days the pack n play, the pontoon boat or even just out on the dock!! We pretty much relaxed outside all weekend and went out to dinner on Saturday night. We are so thankful for our sweet friends.







So there is one thing that I have always loved about Josh. Well two...he likes to shop and he really isn't into hunting and fishing. Its not that he wouldn't do it but it is just not something he chooses to do often. So with that said....Here is "Josh's 1st fish!" No one could believe it but it really was the 1st fish he has caught (unless he caught one when he was little and doesn't remember) He was proud of his fish. 


Josh and I also celebrated 5 years on Saturday. It was neat that our 5 year anniversary was on a Saturday. It was fun to think back to what we were doing 5 years ago-it seems like it was just yesterday. It amazes me that we have been married and lived together for 5 years and been together almost 7 years. I guess time flies when you are having fun!!! Josh was SO SWEET and got me a BEAUTIFUL David Yurman ring (another gorgeous one) We should have stock in Bailey's and David Yurman. This is one of his newer rings and it is so pretty!! He also shocked me and got me a 5 hour day at The Umpstead; which is the most amazing hotel and spa in Cary. I can't even imagine 5 hours away much less 5 hours away while being pampered. Have I mentioned how great my husband is!! Nana be prepared for a phone call soon-ha ha. I asked Josh if he was going to keep the kids for the 5 hours I am gone and he mentioned he may just call his mom and see if she wants to come spend the day here. I have never had more than one treatment at a time and this package includes-sugar body scrub, facial, massage, manicure, pedicure, and lunch with a glass of champagne. I may never leave!!!



 This is us on our 5 year anniversary-June 9th, 2012!!


I just love this picture of her. I know I am biased but I think she is the cutest "little" thing. She reminds me of a gerber baby or a cabbage patch doll!! This was her cute new polo dress that Josh bought for her-he has good taste!!  I love the next picture too-this girl will sleep anywhere.



So were weren't supposed to do anniversary presents (even though 5 years is special) but I wanted to do a little something for Josh too. He wanted a new driver but since it cost more than I make in 2 weeks it seemed silly for me to put it on my CC. I always hate putting things on my credit card because Josh pays that bill. So I told him just to go ahead and buy that for himself. I have been saving my CC points up and got Josh a gift card to Dicks so he could get some new sunglasses. I felt bad because it wasn't very much but I wanted to give him something that he didn't actually pay for :) But don't worry I have a little surprise for him for Father's Day. Its not a gift but just something I think he will enjoy!! I will share details soon-pretty sure he NEVER reads this blog but just in case I will wait.

Josh did get a "welcome home present" last night from Wade. After jumping on the trampoline with Wade we came inside and Wade started saying his stomach hurt. He always says this after he gets back from my parents because he eats whatever he wants :) So I did not think anything of it until...he threw up ALL over Josh. I mean all over him. He even had to cut his shirt off-thankfully it was a service roofing tshirt!! I have never seen so much throw up from him. Thankfully he felt better afterwards and only got sick one time early this morning. I am so thankful he wasn't throwing up all night. I hate seeing him sick and I couldn't even really be around him bc I am trying to keep her away (if that's possible!!) Today he does have a fever and has been sleeping the past 2.5 hours on the couch. Josh stayed home this morning and I am so thankful he did. Poor thing only got about 2-3 hours of sleep last night.


Holding her bottle by herself for the 1st time. I was so proud of her because this is a heavy glass bottle! She was also happy to be back in her crib last night.





WK also decided last night that she would start rolling over. I am so not ready for this. Wade didn't roll over until he was 6 months old so she seems so young to me. Both Wade and WK rolled over from their back to their stomach's first. She also started trying to hold her bottle by herself this weekend. I need her to stop growing up so fast. We had a talk and I explained to her she is only 4 months old and doesn't need to be doing all this already :) I put her on her back for bed and when I left the room and came back this is what I found.



No comments:

Post a Comment