Sunday, February 19, 2012

We have survived...

Well we have survived our first two weeks with a new baby. The sad thing is she has been the EASIEST part of it all. Between Wade being sick and just adjusting to his new life as a big brother and me getting sick I was worn out. Of course after having the lovely upset stomach I now have Wade's cold and have had no voice for the past 2 days. One day I am going to finally feel good again!! I really hope that I feel better before Josh leaves for his work trip on Tuesday.

WK has been doing great. She is still so sleepy but has been awake more the past few days. She does so well still at night and only eats every 4 hours. She is eating every 3 hours during the day. She only cries when she is getting her diaper changed or clothes changed. Her belly button fell off on V-Day when she was 8 days old. She is just like her big brother and loves looking at ceiling fans and lights. She LOVES to hear Wade's voice and will turn her head and look for him. We had her newborn pictures taken on Saturday and I can't wait to see them. Wade did not want his taken so I am not sure if we got any good one's with both of them but the one's she took of her were SO cute. She came to our house to take them and it was so nice not to have to take her anywhere.

We haven't taken her anywhere except outside and she went over to my parents house for the first time this weekend. We have only left her with her grandparents and the longest we have left her was for one hour while we went to Target. We took Wade to lunch today by himself and had a great time. I am trying to wait until March to take her anywhere inside. Today Wade was so sweet with her. When she cries he will always say "its ok sister" and today he said "its ok sister; I love you!" Sometimes he will say "I have to take care of my sister" when she is upset.

WK does the funniest thing...no one would ever believe me so I am glad I have three witnesses. Josh, Josh's mom and my friend Holly have all heard her do this. Sometimes when WK is sleeping she will laugh or chuckle in her sleep. It is like she is dreaming about something funny. It is the cutest thing ever. She smiles in her sleep a lot but she has only done this chuckle a few times. Here are some pictures from our second week home.



This is how I found Wade napping on Valentines Day...he is always doing something to make me laugh!

 1st time in her bouncy seat

 Once again...our silly boy


 1st tummy time



No comments:

Post a Comment