Monday, February 13, 2012

First few days...

Here are a few more from the hospital...she looks so little with Dr. A!

 Love my sweet family


Have I mentioned those cheeks


All ready to go home...


So you may want to just skip this post...just something for us to look back on one day when she is a big girl! We left the hospital around lunch time and got home on Wednesday at 1pm. Wade came running down the steps ready to see us. He was so happy to hold her but he had started coughing so it has scared me because I don't want her to get sick. He acted out for sure once we got home...trying to get some attention. He did not want to nap and we should have just let him stay up but we finally got him to sleep. I wasn't even thinking about his doctors appt and we had to wake him to get him to the doctors. He had been coughing and telling us his ear hurt. So poor Josh had to drag him to the doctor just screaming. Wade has been well this entire Fall/Winter until the week we bring a new baby home. He had a ear infection :(

I am just hoping she does not get sick. He has coughed on her and he had his fingers in his mouth and pulled them out and dripped spit all over her. Welcome to the world Westin Kate!!

Our first night home we had a horrible time at bed time. Poor Wade is so confused and doesn't feel good. I know if he felt better things would have been so much easier. We let him lay with us and he finally fell asleep around 930p. It just makes me so sad to see him sick. He wants to hold her all the time and is always bringing her toys. It is the sweetest thing...he will even share his special toys with her.

WK did pretty good her first night home-she didn't cry much just didn't want to sleep in her bassinet. At some point I picked her up (do not remember doing that) because we woke up to my alarm going off (it was time to feed her) and I was holding her and we were both sleeping. I was so scared when I woke up because I didn't remember putting her in bed with me. She ate about every 3 hours. During the day she ate every 2.5-3 hours and sleeps a lot. She never cries and is such a sleepy little thing.




This is what we did our first couple of days at home!


Day 2- she stayed awake for a little while in the afternoon. We gave her her first bath at home and she did pretty good. Didn't love the bath but she cried less than Wade did. She loved getting her hair washed. We went for our first family walk-she did great and loved it. It was nice to get outside for everyone. Wade said the funniest things when we were walking. I was walking on the road with her because it was less bumpy and he wanted to ride his bike on the road. We wouldn't let him so he stopped his bike on the sidewalk and looked at us and said "Its not fair!!!" He has never said this before but oh how true it is these days. We laughed so hard at him.


She seems to like her paci thankfully. My milk came in and she has been eating well. She goes anywhere from 2.5-4 hours. She has a little newborn congestion when she eats but it doesn't seem to bother her too much. She is such a sweet girl and has only cries when we change her diaper.







1st bath at home


Night 2 was one of those nights we will look back and laugh about. Wade was up all night crying/screaming because he just feels horrible and she was a little gassy and had three huge diapers and fussed a little bit. We were all in the same room and Josh and I just looked at each other and laughed. We were both so tired and we couldn't seem to get them happy. I think I slept maybe one hour the entire night. Thank goodness we have some help during the day.

Wade has made up a name for his new sister. He calls her "Bobby Westin Kate" and it is so typical for Wade. He told the security guard at the hospital that he had a brother and his name was "Bobby" The only person he knows named Bobby is Zach's dad!! His teacher at school asked mom if we named the baby "Bobby Westin!" Oh this kid just cracks me up. He loves her so much and has been perfect with her. He has been acting out with us and doesn't understand why all of our attention is not on him. Josh and I left WK with mom and dad the other night and took Wade by himself to Sonic to get ice cream. We watched a Mickey movie in the car and he had a great time. We are going to try to do this every week until he gets used to the transition. He keeps telling us "I'm the boss" or "your a bad girl/boy" and we just smile and correct him.


1 comment: