Thursday, February 16, 2012

We survived our frist week!!

So we have survived our first week home. I may regret saying this but Westin Kate has been the happiest, easiest baby ever. She never cries, she sleeps great, and is just so sweet. She will cry if she is wet/dirty and she cries when we change her clothes and that is really it. I had a hard time with her latching on last week (which shocked me because Wade never did) so I went to target and bought a nipple shield and it has made it so much better. I wish I would have thought of this earlier. With Wade being sick this week he has actually been so much harder than her. We were up more with him than I was with her. He is finally feeling and sleeping better. He is still acting out for attention-I am hoping this will soon get better. Here are a few things about our sweet girl.

She had her first doctors appointment when she was 4 days old. Things looked great. She was a little jaundice but not too bad and she had lost some weight but he didn't seem to concerned since my milk had just come in. She weighed 7lbs 10.5oz- I can tell that she has gained weight though because she felt heavy to me today. I bet she is close to her birth weight by now.


 On her way to her first doctors appointment!





She is so so strong. Wade was never this squirmy or strong. I cannot lay her down without her almost rolling over to her side. Her head is so strong and you really have to hold her tight.



To add to the sickness around here I must have picked up some kind of GI bug at the doctors office (its the only place I have taken her) because I have had a upset stomach the past 2 days and so has she. I hate that she got it too. She doesn't seem to feel bad and is eating great but she is just having lots of bad diapers. I am so ready for everyone to get better. I could tell a couple of times at night that her tummy hurt and I felt so bad for her. I feel better today so I am hoping she does too. Hopefully Wade won't get it.

She has been doing so well at night and she really sleeps most of the day. I cannot keep her awake during the day. Last night she only ate once during the night and it was wonderful. She went 4 hours between both feedings. I am really hoping that this doesn't change!!



I had my first two days alone with both kids and we did pretty good. We even managed to get to the park yesterday for a little while. It does take so much longer to get out the door now!!! I will never be on time anymore. I have had lots of help too and it has been wonderful. Josh's mom came and spent three days with us and it was so so nice. She was so helpful with Wade so I could rest and she helped with cooking and cleaning. Thanks Nana for everything you did, we really enjoyed it!! My parents have been so helpful too. They really haven't seen her so much but have been getting Wade almost every day for a little bit so he can get out of the house. Thanks so much to them and Ashley and Zach who have helped us too. Our great family and friends have all signed up to do dinners for us and we appreciate it so much. I haven't had to cook anything since she was born and it has been so helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment