Thursday, January 24, 2013

We Survived!!

Well we survived Josh being gone for a few days. These little kiddos were so excited to see their Daddy. Wade made him a great "welcome home picture!" Josh got home last Saturday afternoon and that night we took the kids to the nursery and we went and saw the African Children's Choir. It was fantastic. Those kids were precious and had the best attitudes. They shared some sad sad stories about what had happened to them but now with the help of Watoto and God their life's are so much better.






Sunday we packed up and headed to Winston. Josh was so busy from all the rain and snow that he couldn't take Monday off so he just went for the day. We had a great day and Wade loved playing with Nana and Poppy and his cousins. The kids and I spent the night because on Monday Charlie was having his dental surgery. Little dogs are prone to plaque buildup and if you don't brush their teeth it gets really bad. Well I am doing good these days to get my teeth brushed and both kids so you can imagine I am not brushing my dogs teeth!! So he is 5 and has never had it done so it was time. I could have done it at our vet in Cary but it was $300 and at the vet in Davidson County it was $65. I love this area but boy is everything so expensive here. A big big "thanks" to Nana for taking her day off to help me. I could not have done it without you. Kendal had a little belated birthday party for Peyton and Wade was so excited to go. It was at Sweet Frogs and while we were there he says "I just love this place!!" We got back Monday night around 530p and once again the kids were so happy to see Josh. It was the longest they have been away from him in a long time.


I just love these pictures of Wade. My grandma sent this outfit home with my parents a few months ago and when I was Spring cleaning this week I found them in our downstairs closet. This was my dad's baseball outfit when he was little. Wade was so excited that Pops wore this. Pops must have been a little guy because I could barely get the pants buttoned!! It is missing two letters on the front but it is supposed to say DIXIE. I am going to print these off and frame them for Dad and send Grandma some pictures in the mail. Wade was a trooper because it was COLD yesterday when we took these.







And here is TROUBLE!! This kid will do anything for food. Here she is hunting down old cheerios that she dropped under her exersaucer. She is cute but she is a hand full!! The next picture is proof. I found her playing in the dog food yesterday. She got a piece in her mouth but thankfully I got it out before she ate it. She was helping me clean up yesterday and organize the closet!! It is amazing that I get anything done with an almost one year old.





These pictures just melt my heart. Wade has been loving being a brother and loves his sister lately. She was crying when I layed her down today and he did not want her to cry. When I came back in to check on her he had gotten his blanket and climbed in the crib to help her not cry :) He told me "I love my sister" and "I do not want her to grow up!" That one makes me laugh because he must have heard us saying that we wish we could keep her this size and that she wouldn't grow up!! Once she fell asleep I thought for sure he would have gotten out but he literally sat in her crib for 20-30 minutes. Such a sweet brother.


3 comments:

  1. This was such a sweet post!
    Those pictures with the baseball outfit look so much like your dad! How special!!
    And I love the second picture of WK - she's so happy to see her daddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I love your post of your mom's birthday. You did a great job!! Yes Carrie lives here now in Scotts Mill and has a little boy a couple of months younger than WK. We should get dinner one night?

      Delete