Saturday, January 19, 2013

Snow Day & Happy Birthday

Well its ironic after my last post talking about 70 degree weather that we actually got a little bit of snow in the same week. That's North Carolina for you!! A little bit barely even describes it. Wade was SO excited when he went to bed and so not impressed when he got up. The front yard was still pretty much green but we did have a little snow/ice on the back deck, play set and trampoline. He went out for a few minutes to play just in case this is all the snow we get. He is already asking when it is going to snow again. Of course I had to dress WK up for a photo op for her 1st snow! Mom's birthday was yesterday...she turned the big 55!! She came over and had breakfast with the kids before school. It was so nice that Wade had a 2 hr delay even though there was no snow!!





Looking at the snow and thinking this is all we got?? Poor Westin Kate could hardly even sit up because her jacket was so puffy!!










We went out to eat last night with some friends/family for Mom's Bday. We went to Apex wings. They have the best wings but we had to wait forever (it seemed) to get a table. We had two babies and a three year old so you know how fun that was!! I LOVE the next picture of Wade...he brought his microphone so he could sing Happy Birthday. He even stood up in the chair. He actually started out singing then got embarrassed and stopped! I am thinking he probably isn't going to have a career in music!






WK wants to be right on top of Wade every minute. It is so sweet because she tries so hard to do what he is doing. He has done GREAT with her lately. He shares so well and (unless it is his very favorite toy at that moment) he has been so patient with her! He is actually really helpful with her and "watches" her for me. This is when I am loving the three year age difference because I can do a few things quickly and leave them playing in the play room-we have that room very baby proofed. He will even move her if she is climbing on things she isn't supposed to. Don't worry mom...I don't leave them long at all and usually I can see what they are doing! I have been so proud of him lately. He loves being a big brother. I guess from having a sister sometimes I wish that WK would have had a sister or vice versa for Wade but then I used to always want a big brother when I was growing up. I know she is going to love having one...I just hope that Wade keeps loving having a sister! Josh says he is really going to love it when she brings all her younger and cute little friends over!! Typical Josh :)



And this little cutie has started claping all the time...she does it mostly when she hears music playing. She will also raise one of her little hands and wave it up and down when music plays. The new thing she has been doing the past couple of weeks is laughing/squealing over and over again. She will copy us if we laugh or if she isn't getting any attention she will just start laughing real loud. It is the cutest thing!! She also has really started doing her "fake cough" more and more. The girl loves some attention. The squealing just kills me because it sounds so girly and something that Wade never did at this age. The not so cute/dramatic thing she is now doing is throwing that sweet head back when she doesn't get her way or want to do something. Oh here is the difference in girls and boys-she is already dramatic!! Wade never threw a fit at this age. It makes it difficult at times to put her in the carseat/stroller. Today she did it when I laid her down in her crib. It was comical because she was laying on her back but because her head was back and she was arching her back was not even touching the crib!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Donna! My mom's b-day was last week too! I forgot they were really close ☺
    And Carrie! Is she living here now?

    ReplyDelete