Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year

I cannot believe that it is 2013 already. That means I have a little one who is going to have a birthday soon :(
2012 was a great year for us. We had a sweet little baby girl in 2012. I was trying to think of other big things that happened but I think that was the highlight of our year. Thankfully everyone has been healthy and safe this year, we didn't buy a house or change jobs or anything like that. We did however buy a mini van!!! Something Josh said we would never do :) And just tonight we drove it over to my parents and Josh commented on how nice it was getting the kids in and out...my point exactly.

We had such a fun New Year's this year. We got together with 4 other couples at Jenna and Jared's house and we had a blast. The boys had a little too much fun and the girls enjoyed laughing most of the night at them. We have not all been together in awhile so it was so good to see everyone. Josh's parents were so nice to come and babysit for us so we could go out. They brought Peyton with them and Wade was thrilled. They had the best time playing and all they talked about at dinner was us leaving so they could have their New Year's party. My mom got them a little New Year's kit with hats, lays and noise makers and they were all set. Nana put WK to bed after we left and then the big kids had a New Year's party at 9pm. They had pop tarts and little white donuts and you would have thought it was the best thing in the world!! They kept saying "Par-tay" and "the party is going to be off the hook!" Pretty sure Poppy taught him that one! They were so cute!! Wade was so sad when they had to leave the next morning.






We had the best lazy day on New Year's Day. It was cold and raining so we really stayed in sweats all day. We met all of our couple friends at Bojangles to start our New Year off nice and healthy. After brunch we played and took naps and just stayed at home. My mom cooked a New Years dinner and we all went over and ate with them tonight. I am so thankful for 2012 and we are hoping and praying that 2013 will be just as great. I haven't really set any "resolution's" but I am just hoping for a great year with my family. Getting these last 10lbs of baby weight off would be a nice thing too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment