Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Single Mommy

I am playing single mommy for a few days. This is tough work and I have a lot of respect for all those single parents out there. Josh was supposed to leave yesterday but I am so happy he was able to go day late because today is the first day I have really felt better. Thankfully he never got sick. He has been so helpful the past couple of days. He has been busy so his business trip may feel like a little vacation. He really only travels twice a year (I am thankful for this!!) once in Jan and once in July. I dread it for weeks before it happens. Thankfully these two sweet babies keep my busy so it usually goes by fast. We sure will be ready to see him on Saturday afternoon when he gets home.

Wade has been so funny lately and I don't want to forget a few things he has been saying...
  • I am going to be the man of the house when daddy is gone (he and Josh were talking about this last week)
  • my muscles are feeling a little sore (he kept telling us this after being sick last week)
  • I am glad that you appreciate it (he went and got me a ice pack when I hit my let on his bed)
  • After I am in the Ducks class next year I am not going to kindergarten...I am just going to stay home with daddy
  • if someone tells us that God can't hear me all the time they are WRONG
  • God will heal Miss Cathy
I registered Wade for 4 year old preschool (his last year) next year. I can't believe it will be his last year. He will be going 5 days next year. We talked about what happens after preschool and he is not happy. He does not want to go to real school and does not want to leave mommy and daddy all day. He also says he is going to be "too tired to go because he will miss his nap!" Honestly I am not ready to start thinking about him going either. Thankful we have one more year of preschool left. Here is a picture of my sweet boy from right before Christmas-he loves everything about Jake and the Neverland Pirates right now (and Super Hero too)



I can't say enough good things about our church. They are teaching Wade so much. He LOVES Miss Cathy. She is the perfect fit for Wade and I am so thankful for her. His class has small groups and he is in the red group with Miss Cathy. She is such a blessing for us and she loves Wade too!! His sweet face lights up every time he sees her. The other day she was sick and he was about to cry and not go into his room. Thankfully she was back last week and we had one happy boy.

We haven't been up to too much this week.  Happy Birthday this week to Poppy (2 days ago) and Happy Birthday to Mimi on Friday. We love you both very much!! We have been trying to get everything back in order around here since Christmas. We are getting there finally but have some Spring cleaning to do soon with our attic and garage. I am going to do my first consignment sale in March so I have to get things in order for that sometime soon. My goal for the next three days is for Josh to come home to a clean house...we will see how that goes :)  Two weeks ago I helped out in Wade's class for PJ/teddy bear picnic day. We made pancakes and had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures of our day and some pictures of Wade. I feel like I take WAY more pictures of WK only because she isnt running away from the camera. So I was happy to get a few of my big boy!! Of course he wore super hero pj's to school :)










No comments:

Post a Comment