Saturday, January 5, 2013

Little Getaway!!

Josh has vacation every year during Christmas. I love it because it is such a busy time of year and it is so nice having him home to help. The only downfall is that he only gets one more full week during the summer. However now that he is president of his company he has a little more flexibility with taking off if we need and extra day or two :)

 For our anniversary last year he got me a day at The Umpstead. It is a hotel in Cary that has an AMAZING spa!! I was pregnant when he got it so I wanted to wait to use it. Well of course with having a baby things got a little crazy and with breastfeeding I haven't felt like I could really getaway and enjoy the entire day...until now. So last Friday I got up and got ready and at 1030am I headed to the spa. It was so nice to get to drive my new van too!! We got our new mini van the night before.

The spa was fantastic...I had the most relaxing day. I had 5 hours of spa treatments and a two hour break with lunch. Of course the food was great too!! I ate in the women's lounge and sat curled up in a chair with my book by the fire place. When you are not having your treatments you can use the hot tub, sauna, steam room or just sit and have a snack in the lounge. I didn't get done until around 615p and when I was checking out they handed me a card. My sweet husband left a card for me and it had a key to a hotel room!!!! It said "I hope you enjoyed your day, here is your key to your room. You will be staying over night. See you soon for dinner." I was so surprised. I did not have a clue he was going to do that. I thought I was coming home to see the kids before we went to dinner.

We had planned on my parents watching the kids so we could go to the Angus Barn but the over night stay was a big surprise. I have never left WK before and he wanted me to finally get a goods night sleep. I am glad it was a surprise because I don't think I would have agreed to it just yet. I wasn't planning on leaving her until she was over one. Josh already had my bag packed and had it waiting in the room when I got there. The room was so nice and I just sat and relaxed until he got there. We had dinner at the Angus Barn and ate way too much and enjoyed eating and talking without worrying about little one's. I slept great but of course I automatically woke up at 3am and 5am (imagine that) but was able to quickly go back to sleep. I got up around 830am and got ready and headed home to see the kids. Since it was Josh's vacation too he stayed and slept/watched TV until check out at noon. I think he enjoyed some alone time too!! Thank you so much to my thoughtful husband (who hardly ever looks at our blog!) I had such a great time and it was so nice to get away from our sweet little one's for some "me" time. A big thanks too for my new van-I never thought I could love a new car so much. It is so perfect for life right now!!




And here are the kids and I playing while van shopping!!


No comments:

Post a Comment