Monday, November 5, 2012

What a Week


Last week was one of those weeks that I wouldn't mind just forgetting about-minus Halloween. Neither of our children have been sleeping well and we are all so tired. Throw in a constipated baby, toddler with bad dreams, an ear infection, two colds, eye injury, and two head injuries and that pretty much sums up the past week. This is our life right now with this child and her ear infections!! One day I will get to sleep through the night again.




The day before Halloween Westin Kate woke up at 6am crying and pretty much cried off and on until 8am. She has never been a good sleeper at night (except her first 12 weeks??) but I knew something was going on because she had been waking up crying much more and only sleeping if she was in our bed. However this morning was different she was really hurting. She hadn't really used the bathroom well and she was really acting like her stomach hurt. I packed up both kids and headed out in the freezing cold rain to Walmart to get a suppository. She cried in the car and Wade said "I have never seen a day like this!" I asked him what he meant and he said "A day when sister cries." I guess its a good thing that he has never really heard her cry much (because she never cries) but sometimes it makes it worse when she does. Long story short it worked and she felt better but I had already made an appt that afternoon to have her ears checked. Sure enough we have our 3rd ear infection. I knew that's why she has been waking up so much.

Well that afternoon after naps she felt better and I had her laying in the playroom floor. Wade decides to get this 10lb wooden xylophone out of the closet and swing it around the floor right into WK's forehead. The poor child just couldn't catch a break. It turned bright blue right away and I almost cried because I knew it hurt so bad. She had a nice goose egg and a bruise to go with it. It finally looks better almost a week later but there is still a bruise there. My sweet girl and her first little bruise :(



The day after Halloween we had to get out of the house so we went to Chick-fil-a with friends. Wade wasn't listening during lunch and when I went to point at him to sit down he leaned forward right into my finger. I felt SO bad-my finger and finger nail went deep into the corner of his eye and cut his eye pretty bad. He cried so loud I had to take him outside. I am still upset that it happened because I know how bad that hurts. Of course it just gets better. WK had a blow out thanks to her abx and had to ride home in just a jacket. When we got home I laid her down to take her jacket off and the zipper somehow got caught on her skin and pincher her on her chest. Oh yes just go ahead and cast your vote for Mom of the Year over here. I really almost cried...I called Josh and said you need to come home to keep the kids alive!

So long story short the day before and the day after Halloween were not fun!!! Thankfully Friday and Saturday got better and then yesterday both kids woke up not feeling great. They aren't too sick but Wade has a cough and stuffy nose and WK is just a little congested. Yesterday was WK's baby dedication after church and we were hoping it was going to be a good start to a new week. Well when it rains it pours... we were taking some pictures of the kids before church and were actually going to be early for church for once. Josh was standing behind me trying to get them to smile and all of a sudden WK crawls forward off the chair onto her head and neck. I had the camera in one hand and somehow managed to slow her fall down with the other hand. She cried loud but thankfully it only lasted about 45 seconds. I just wanted to sit and cry. She started smiling and moving her head and neck around but I was still so worried about her. I even called my MIL to see if I should send her to nursery-she thought she would be just fine and she was. I am so thankful she didn't get another bruise or knot or anything. We have now entered stage where she has to be watched every second!! I am so thankful that she is ok. She had a great baby dedication-will post about that soon!

















No comments:

Post a Comment