Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lately!!

So I am a little behind again; we have been having a lot of fun and enjoying our Summer. We have spent a lot of time playing with friends, going to the pool, celebrating our anniversary, traveling to the lake, POTTY TRAINING, and just spending time as a family. Here are some pictures of what we have been up to the past two weeks!!




 I just love this picture...I wish you could see Wade's lip better; every time we tell him to close his mouth before he jumps he pushes his bottom lip out instead and it is so cute!!
This was playgroup last week. We celebrated Caroline's  1st birthday with some cupcakes at the pool! Wade was so excited about the cupcakes!!


I have finally gotten Wade to rinse off in the shower at the pool (thanks Colton.) The first time I tried he cried but once we made it a game and he saw someone else do it he was hooked!

My sweet husband surprised me with this on Thursday. We celebrated our 4th anniversary. Thanks Josh for 4 great years; I love you and I am so thankful for everything you do for us!! I hope we have many more years together.

We didn't do much since our trip was for our anniversary. We took wade to my mom and dad's....IN HIS NEW UNDERWEAR(more about that below) and then we went and ate at Peak City Grill in downtown Apex. It was so so good and we had a great time just sitting for an hour or so and talking.


So wade has shocked all of us. He has had a potty for awhile now- we got it this past winter but we have never pushed him or tried to potty train. Every now and then I would take his diaper off after nap time and let him play in the playroom and bring the potty in there with us. Since March he has gone 3-4 random times but he really wasn't ready before now. We have a couple of potty books that we have read some but we really have not even been trying. I knew I wanted to try this October (at 2.5) because I wanted him potty trained before 3. Well Thursday- June 9th- Wade went after his nap and I made a HUGE deal about it and he then said "No more diapers!" (this is from one of his books at Mimi's house) Well everyone tells me do not miss the window of opportunity so we went with it and he has done GREAT. He has only had one or two accidents a day and today-June 14th- was a big day. Yesterday he stayed dry during his nap (he has NEVER done this) and last night he stayed dry ALL NIGHT (he has never ever wakon up in the morning with a diaper weighing less than 5lbs?) I really don't know how this happened; I was so shocked. He woke up early for some reason at 630am but because he had a diaper on I let him lay with me for an hour and I almost fell on the floor when I took his diaper off at 730am and it was dry. Poor guy I guess I should have tried at 630am but I had no idea he was dry. So he even held it another hour.  He went from 830p last night until 730am without going. I know this may not happen again for awhile but it was a big deal today. He also pooped in the potty today for the first time and I wasn't even in the room. Lets just say he got a few surprises from Target today!! We are so proud of him.

1 comment: