Monday, June 6, 2011

JAMAICA!!

Here are some of our pictures from our trip. I had a hard time only picking a few out!! Our flight got delayed leaving and we got bumped to first class!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is the way to fly. We got to the resort after 12 hours of travel and we were tired and hungry. The resort was much smaller than any we have stayed at before; I think we were disappointed at first but this turned out to be a great thing because we met some great new friends. We didn't know it was rainy season and it did rain a couple of times. Mostly it was just over cast...this turned out to be a good thing because I got FRIED the first day we were there. I put sunscreen on and I don't know what happened but I can't ever remember burning that bad. This was the first year I did not tan before our trip (I do not like tanning beds) so I think I was just so pale and the Jamaican sun was so hot. I am now peeling all over and it is lovely. The last day was sunny off and on and it was really nice. We had so much fun with the Nicholson's. We just love them. We slept a lot, ate some great food, enjoyed poolside games and nightly entertainment, and just enjoyed relaxing at the pool. We spent one day off the resort and we climbed the Dunn's River Falls and went to Mystic Mountain and rode the sky lift and the bobsled ride. The Falls is a must if you are in Jamaica. I don't have any pictures of that yet because I took a disposable camera with me. We loved it so much and we hope we get to go back one day!! I missed Wade but it is always so nice for Josh and I to get away alone for a few days.

Josh and his mimosa in 1st class!!




We spent a lot of time doing this and taking the Hobie out. 






We just fell in love with these guys. This first picture is Starr and he was part of the entertainment team along with Jason and Mickhugh (in the picture below.) These guys were so funny and they called us their "family" while we were there. Thank goodness for Facebook because we can keep in touch with them. On the last night Jason and Mickhugh took Josh and I and another couple we met to Margaritaville. We were a little worried about leaving the resort at night (well I was) but we really trusted these guys. The hotel bus took us and we had a blast. Margaritaville was filled with the locals and lots of college kids. We felt like the almost 30 year olds who didn't belong. I am so thankful we did this; we had such a great time!! We really miss these guys and hope to see them again one day. The other resorts we have stayed at were much bigger and we didn't get to know the staff; this was what made this place so special. Chadwick (our pool waiter) was fantastic and we really miss him too!!!





 So happy to see this cute boy!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! We love you guys too! I will keep trying my best to convince you to travel with us in February! We only turn 30 once! :)

    ReplyDelete