Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Great Weekend- part 1

We had the best weekend. Even though potty training was going on we had a lot of fun. We got to the lake around 5pm on Friday and once we got there we took the boat to the Marina for dinner. I LOVE the lake so much and this is by far my favorite part. It is a short 10 minute boat ride and the marina has a restarant attached to it and we love eating there. We went three times this weekend! Saturday we all went to breakfast at another little hole in the wall place called Panky's. After breakfast the girls went shopping and the boys took Wade back to go swimming. When I say shopping I mean a stand alone Belk's, Food Lion or Walmart. Oh it is so much different than Apex and I love it. There is a little strip mall with a few stores and that is it. We spent a lot of time on the boat, playing in the water, and riding Jet Ski's. Wade rode a few times with Josh and he had a blast. He kept telling him to go faster (they were going WAY too fast as it was!) Saturday night we went to Cook's with Zach's parents. Cook's is another place you must visit if you ever go to High Rock Lake. It is a BBQ place and it is really good. Wade went pee pee on the potty there and I was so proud. Beside's the pool this is the only place he had ever gone. He did the funniest thing...we had to wait our turn (which I was a little worried about!) and when the older lady came out of the stall Wade clapped and told her "good job." I just love this kid.  Here are some pictures of our lake trip:








 So here is Wade's new thing...he wants a towel wrapped around him when he is tired? I don't know where this came from. It started this Summer so I am thinking it is because I wrap him this way after the pool. It can be 90 degrees outside and if he is tired he cries for his towel?? He wants one on a night too when he goes to bed. He is always doing something like this that makes us laugh. He goes through these phases where he is attached to things!!





I love this picture of Josh and Wade. Don't worry we do have a inside shower at the lake but it is so much more fun to take one outside!!


No comments:

Post a Comment