Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Great Surprise- Part 1

So I kind of knew Josh was up to something because his phone kept ringing yesterday, Erin had called Josh randomly this week and yesterday he acted like he was up to something. He got off early (we went house shopping-it was dramatic so will save that for its on post) anyways he got home at 230p and gave me my present. I was so excited he got me and new fire/waterproof safe. They are expensive and I have been asking for a new one for awhile now. Our old one is way too small. I keep a lot of picture CD's, wedding stuff, passports, SS cards and stuff like that in it. Now I have so much room for all of the picture CD I make of Wade's pictures!! So I was one happy girl. We went house hunting for a couple of hours and then came back home to get ready for our dinner. I was doing something on the computer and Wade brought me this cute little box wrapped in black and white polka dot paper with a big pink bow on it. Well if you LOVE Bailey's like I do then you know that is their paper. I was shocked. We usually don't do gifts for Bday's. I had a little surprise party for Josh's but did not get him a thing. Anyways Wade says "Happy Birfday Mommy" and gave me the box. Josh swears this was from Wade. When I opened it I almost fell over. The ring is GORGEOUS and HUGE. This was a big surprise for sure, I was really happy with just getting the safe!!  It is purple of course because that is my birthstone and ECU's color. I love it. Josh is the best at picking out gifts. Here is my new favorite ring (besides my diamond.) It is not a great picture but it will do.


So after getting ready we headed over to my parents to take Wade for the night. My mom had a few gifts for me and a cake. I haven't blogged about Weight Watchers yet but I am doing it and have lost 5lbs this month so I am working really hard on not eating that stuff so I only got a little bite but it was good. Here are a couple of pictures of us at my parents house.



Well Josh really out did himself (with the help of Erin.) When we got to the restaurant the hostess said "oh for the party upstairs" So it kind of gave it away a little but that is ok. It was a great surprise because I thought there may have been a couple of people but when I walked into the private room at Peak City Grill (one of my favorite places to eat in downtown Apex) there were 13 of our closest friends. I was so surprised. I am so thankful for my great husband to plan something fun like this and for my great friends who helped him. They even got me a little cake that all 15 of us shared. We had a blast and stayed until 11pm just talking. Thanks again to EVERYONE who made my birthday so special. It means a lot to me. I will put more pictures up on facebook but here are a couple.


 My sweet friend Erin who helped Josh plan everything and who got this cute cake!


1 comment:

  1. I love your ring! I can't wait to celebrate this weekend!

    ReplyDelete