Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh how times have changed!

Well things have changed drastically around the Foltz household. For the longest time I just assumed Wade would not crawl and he would just walk. I never thought he would just start crawling one day. Well he has and boy oh boy are things different. I can no longer sit him in the living room and clean the rest of the house while he plays or watches TV. Yes I know it is not great parenting to have the TV on but Wade loves it!!! He gets so excited when we put Nick Jr. on. He will just smile and stare. He used to sit and watch but now he will crawl around and then take a break and watch TV. This morning I had the TV on and I thought I would try to sweep the floor and make my bed. Well of course I came back into the den and he was not where I left him (this is no surprise these days). Instead he was eating the cheez-it out of the trash pile that I had already swept up. So I quickly checked inside his mouth to see if there was any other "trash" in there but only the cheez-it; thank goodness. So I vacuumed up all the trash and took him into the kitchen to get some water. He loves to sit on the floor and play with the toy we have on the fridge. So once again (not sure what I was thinking) I went to clean up the trash off our bedroom floor before he got into that. When I came back he was having the time of his life splashing in Charlie's water bowl!!! I could not help but laugh. So we changed clothes and I decided to just wait until nap time to do anything else! The only bad thing about this crawling thing is he wants to crawl and pull up in his bed instead of sleeping these days. He is really fighting us hard during his afternoon nap and even during the night some. Last night was better he only woke up once at 10pm and then I didn't hear him until close to 5am. Maybe I will finally loose this last 6lbs or so since it seems I will not be sitting as much anymore.
 
 Here is what he likes to do at naptime ...
 

 and this
  

Here is an action picture of him crawling to get Charlie's toy 
 

4 comments:

  1. He is toooo cute for words Shannon! Id have to laugh too if I saw him playing in Charlie's water bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I am not looking forward to katelyn taking off, i love her sitting quietly and playing, but she is fighting nap times too and will play for an hour in her crib until she falls asleep and even then half the time she is falling asleep sitting up still or propped up against the bumper, it is way funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.to-the-gosh! Little Wade is crawling!!! Girl, he looks like he is getting it in the picture of him and Charlie! You just wait until he walks, aaah... hum, I mean run! You don't need to lose any weight. You already look great, but um yeah, you will lose lots of weight chasing him around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, he will start sleeping again! It definitely took Owen some time to sleep good once he was pulling up, too. But, it came back after the "newness" wore off! Welcome to the world of a crawler...your life as you know it will forever be changed at this point!!

    ReplyDelete