Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Real Snow Day!!


I can't believe that we have actually gotten snow twice this year. Two weeks ago we got a fun surprise and got some snow not just ice like the last time. Now we only got an inch or less but this time it was the good fluffy snow that Wade could actually play in. We had the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen. We had to run to Target for something and on the way it started coming down like crazy. Wade was thrilled. He had a birthday party for a friend that day but we promised after his nap that he could go out and play. He and Josh went out in the backyard and played for about 30 minutes. He was freezing but had a blast. WK just sat and watched and wanted to go out so bad. 




February 16th was a big day for us. It was the day it snowed but it was also the day that Westin Kate took her first steps. We were all over at my mom and dad's house. Zach's parents were in town too for his mom's birthday so they got to see it too. My mom missed it because she was in the other room. Ashley was holding her and stood her up for a second and for some reason she just decided to go ahead and take 3 or so steps. We all started screaming and I think we scared the poor child. She did it one more time and thankfully Josh was able to video it on his phone. She hasn't really had too much interest in doing it again. She has taken 2 steps here and there but that is it. She would much rather crawl. Walking and talking are not real high on her priority list these days :) I am so thankful Josh and I were both there to see her walk for the first time. I don't know what it is with my parents houses because both of our kids walked for the first time at their house. Wade walked for the first time in my parents kitchen (where Ashley and Zach live now.)  I love this picture of WK looking out our back door at the snow!!








This one makes me laugh because Wade had a blast "throwing snowballs" at his sister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment