Monday, September 10, 2012

7 Months Old

Westin Kate, Oh you poor 2nd child!! Finally I am getting around to your 7 month post. I feel like things have been so busy lately I have just not had time to sit down and blog. My sweet girl turned 7 months last week. I LOVE this age. She is precious. I would be rich if I had a penny every time someone came up to us and said "she is the happiest baby!" I have honestly never been around a baby that is so happy all the time. Josh watched her Saturday while I took Wade to a birthday party and I got a text that said "easiest baby ever!!" She wakes up happy, she plays, you lay her down and she smiles and goes right to sleep, you feed her and play some more and then she goes to bed great at night. The only issue we have is that she still likes to wake up way to early to nurse. She still gets up between 4-6am to eat. Of course I could let her cry it out but for now it works for us. She goes right back to sleep and sleeps until 8-9am.




She has stopped wanting to nurse during the day. I don't know what is going on with her but she is just so busy she doesn't want to stop to eat. It seems like she is only getting 16-20oz of breast milk these days. She eats about 4oz every 4-5 hours. She also eats oatmeal for breakfast and a veggie and some fruit for dinner. Sometimes I give her a little fruit for lunch. We haven't quite got the 3 meals down yet but we are getting there. I was worried because she isn't drinking as much breast milk but she is gaining weight so I guess she is getting what she needs. Here is what she is up to:


  • weighs 18.5lbs (87%)
  • I don't have a clue how long she is but she looks short to me!!
  • size 1-2 shoe but I never put her in shoes
  • wears mostly 6-9 months clothes and some 9 months- size 3 diapers
  • nurses/drinks breast milk every 4-5 hours
  • eats 2 solid meals a day-we are working on adding the 3rd in each day
  • she is so chubby but she does not eat as well as Wade did...we really have to make her eat most meals
  • smiles ALL day long and is the happiest baby ever
  • never ever cries
  • takes 3 naps still-one hr morning nap, 2-3 hr afternoon nap, and usually a 30-40 min nap around dinner time
  • goes to bed at 8pm does a good 8 hour stretch, nurses and goes back to sleep for another 4 hours or so
  • LOVES to sit and play with all her toys-I love that I am getting to use all Wade's toys again
  • loves the toys that make music the most-right now she loves her little lap top so much
  • is sitting so well-I still keep a pillow behind her because she is so busy-she usually falls forward to her tummy because she is trying to grab something
  • has no interest in crawling and I am actually thankful for this (I am not ready to chase her yet)
  • has her two little bottom teeth
  • LOVES Wade so much-gets so excited to see her Daddy too
  • will fake cough for attention if no one is talking to her
  • likes anything shiny or sparkly (she is such a girl)
  • chews on EVERYTHING
  • sits in grocery carts and high chairs now
  • rolls all over the room-I can leave her for 5 minutes and come back and she is across the room
  • loves to be outside
  • will hold her hands in front of her face and just stare at them-its like she just noticed them and it is so funny
  • grabs everything or pulls everything down





Westin Kate,
Another month has gone by and we are loving watching you grow. We wish that you wouldn't grow so fast but you are at the sweetest age. You are happy all the time and have these big brown eyes that pretty much will get you anything you want (from your daddy of course!!) He is going to have a hard time telling you "no" because you are so cute and sweet. You are a busy busy girl and laugh and squeal all day long. You wear a hair bow all the time because you still don't have much hair-you have a teeny bit of blond peach fuzz. You smile so big each morning when you brother comes into your room to see if you are awake. You just love him so much. Today you bit his nose and he was so mad at you-you smiled the entire time he was whining!! We love you so much sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment