Monday, April 16, 2012

My poor 2nd child...

Oh my sweet 2nd child...bless your heart you do not have a routine and that is just ok!! Basically you have to sleep everywhere...the car seat, the stroller, the park, in my arms (way too much!!) You really don't love other people holding you-this includes your father. This plus side is that my arms should be getting really toned soon. One day you will probably only want daddy and not me and I will be sad. You do have two things going for you and this is why you are so spoiled- 1. you do have reflux and I know how bad that hurts and 2. you are our last baby. So keep on playing these cards and we will probably keep on giving in to you!!

You do have a little bit of a routine most days. I ALWAYS put you in your crib at some point during the afternoon when Wade naps. You do great falling asleep in your bed but your "naps" only last 30-45min in the crib. I am hoping this will change as you get older. You also sleep great in your bassinet at night. I am so thankful for this. We lay you down drowsy but awake (so you can learn to put yourself to sleep.) You do great most nights-some nights you look up at us and thrash around a bit (like someone is hurting you) but then you fall asleep. Your little arm flailing and wiggling around spells only last a minute or two. You don't cry but you do grunt!! This is when I have to put your paci back in 25 times...you usually smile once or twice when it falls out. Some nights you are not so dramatic and you just "talk" and look around and fall asleep. If you do wake up to eat (you still do most nights) you go right back to sleep so well.

But you are only 10 weeks old so...for now we will keep things the way they are!! One day I will have to sleep train but we won't do that until after 16 weeks (hopefully by then we won't need to!) I have to leave you this weekend for the first time and I am already sad/worried about it. I know your daddy will do fine but I am not ready to leave you yet. You will be almost 11 weeks and I have my first shift back at work. It is only for 5 hours but I have never left you more than 2 hours. Thankfully after this shift I don't have to work again for 2 weeks.

On a good note you are doing SO much better in the car. You hardly ever cry in the car seat and I am so thankful for this. You also LOVE the jogging stroller so much better and I actually got a hour walk in this week. I keep waiting for the day when you don't cry when I hand you over to your daddy or to Pops. Pops tries to hold you all the time and bless his heart he never gets too! Daddy gets to hold you some but most of the time you are crying.

Your big brother loves you so much. When you cry he will say "brothers here, brothers right here!" He will also tell me "I think she needs her diaper changed or she needs her paci!!" It is too cute. Sometimes in the car I will hear "Good girl for not crying" and he says it just like I do- it is so funny. Tonight he kissed you and told you how much he loved you-it was so sweet. Occasionally your big brother will pretend he is going to throw something at you-but don't worry he never does he just pretends and then smiles at me to see if I am paying attention!!

We are so thankful for you and love you- it wouldn't matter to us if you never got into a good routine!! We are just enjoying you. Now I would love it if you could space your feedings out a little bit during the day-you want to eat every 2 hours and not a minute after that. But I guess I should not complain since you do sleep so well at night!!

1 comment:

  1. totally feel your pain! Tell Josh it will get better too. haley is still such a mommy's girl, but she is getting better with David and he is getting better with her. it is so hard though to get these second ones in a routine! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete