Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our Day- Tuesday 7/19/11

So awhile ago I was reading Kelly's Korner Blog and she blogged about what her and her kids did during the day. I thought it was a cute idea so I can look back 5 years from now and remember these fun/crazy toddler days!! So here is what Wade and I did today (this was on Tuesday). We don't always have something to do every day (which is nice) but at least once or twice a week we try to do something fun.

715am: Wade yells "Mommy" a few times from his crib!! We go into our room so I can "sleep" for a few more minutes.

8am: We get out of our bed- bless his heart he knows the rules about us not getting up before 745am. He will say "Once Oso goes off I can get up" I get his milk and let him watch a cartoon in bed with me usually until close to 8am.

8-930am: Wade plays in his playroom/ downstairs and watches TV. Mornings are usually when I let him watch TV (and sometimes after his nap!) We keep all the toys upstairs, which is wonderful, but he keeps his farm downstairs and likes to play while watching TV.


9:30am: We leave for the movies- You can't beat going to the movies for only a dollar. Today we saw Bee Movie which is one of his favorites. He made it an hour and then he was ready to go. He met one of his best buddies, Chase, at the movies today. Here is Wade at the movie!



11am: We left the movies and went to Chick-fil-a to play and meet another friend for a "play date." We love going there because we can eat fast and then our boys can play while we sit and talk. Wade had so much fun in the play place today. (I forgot to take my camera in to get a picture of Wade and Ben playing)

1230pm: We headed home to get ready for nap time. Wade went down at 12:50pm and slept for 3 hours! He was really tired today- most days he sleeps 2 1/2 hours.

4pm: Wade was up from his nap and we watched a video. It was a learning video on counting (that always makes me feel better) and it amazes me that he loved it. I actually fell asleep laying on the couch watching it with him.

430p: Time for a popsicle break. We went outside on the back deck and had popsicles and wade played in his little swimming pool for a little while. (I got a cute picture of this...however I realized his underwear was off so probably not a good idea to share!)

5:30p: Josh gets home from work!! Wade is always so happy and so am I. Normally I would be getting dinner ready but we have been passing this lovely stomach bug around and Wade has been complaining for 2 days that his stomach hurts and today Josh came home with a stomach ache too. So no one wanted dinner so I didn't have to fix anything.


 Josh and Wade play upstairs and Wade even tells me "No mommy, just boys!" I didn't listen and sat down with them and my silly child ran into our room and got Josh in there and said "boys room!" He always makes me laugh. So I happily went and watched some TV.


6:30p: Josh and Wade go outside so Wade can play in his little pool for a little while.



7:30p: Wade watches one TV show before we start getting ready for bedtime- he picks Bubble Guppies (his favorite at the time)

8:15p: We start getting ready for bed- bath, brush teeth, read a few books. Notice Pappy bear helping Wade brush his teeth. He has just started getting attached to his bear recently.




8:30p: Wade cries because it can't be time for bed yet!! However it is bedtime for one special little boy!


We had a great day and Wade was overall pretty good today (that always makes it a better day.) He had a few moments where he wanted something (ex: ice cream) and he wanted it RIGHT THEN. I am working hard on stopping that behavior but I haven't had too much success yet. Then I remember he is 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it is going to happen sometimes. I don't mind when he does it at home because I can just walk away from him; however I did think hard about doing that today at Chick-fil-a but decided that probably wouldn't have been the best idea. So after he stopped yelling for ice cream and asked somewhat nicely he got his ice cream cone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment