Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Around Here!

Well we have not been up to much this week. One of the main reason's why is because it is too HOT. Not only does Wade look like Josh but he sweats like him too!! My poor child can be outside for 5 min (even at 9am) and his little head is soaken wet with sweat. Once this week he told me "I'm hot!" So he has watched more TV than normal and has pretty much been stuck playing inside. We did have a first this week. Wade went to his first movie. For 9 weeks in the Summer they do $1 movies so we decided to go. We went and saw Shrek Forever After and Wade did pretty good. We made it one hour with him actually sitting down watching but after that he was done. I was just thankful we could sit inside and stay cool. I don't think we are ready to pay for a movie but you can't beat a dollar movie!! He got popcorn and gummies and he was all set. We tried to go back today with friends but because it was the same movie we didn't make it as long so we went to the gym so he could run around. I tried to take a picture with my phone but it was too dark so I will have to take my camera if we go back next week!!


Wade is also going to do VBS this week. We have to miss tonight (it's my dads Birthday!!) so he will go Thursday-Saturday. It is at my good friends church and she is helping in the 2 year old room so I think he will do just great. He loves Mrs. Courtney (we walk with her and her kids every morning and they are in our playgroup!) I hate he has to miss tonight but we have dinner plans to celebrate my dad's birthday. Our church does not do VBS...there are thousands of kids so I think it is honestly just too much work. They have music camp for a week but you have to be in 2nd grade for that one.

I have to work this weekend so we are staying home. I have to say I used to dread working some but now working mostly from home has been wonderful. It is just so nice to walk into my office and work and then turn off the computer and walk upstairs when I am done. I am so thankful for this job!! We have a few things we need to do around here this weekend so I am thankful for a weekend at home. We are going back to the beach next weekend so I need to get laundry all caught up!

Wade is doing great with pottying. Overall most days we are accident free. He is wearing underwear for naps and has not had any accidents in his bed at nap time!! Nighttime we are still doing pull ups because some nights he is dry and other times he is wet.

We are going through what I hope is a phase at bedtime and sometimes nap times. Wade is "scared" he says. A few nights ago he was screaming and after 10 min I went in and he told me he was scared of the "happy feet penguins" and "alligator" in his room??? Today he woke up crying at nap time but I went in and told him he was ok and he went back to sleep. I almost wonder if he is having scary dreams? If so I hope they stop soon so we can all go back to sleeping better.

No comments:

Post a Comment