Friday, September 24, 2010

Two first and one last!

Wade had two "firsts" yesterday!! We had a busy day, we hosted playgroup at our house and had a great time. Wade was worn out from playing outside and slept 3 hours and 20 min. He usually sleeps 2-2 1/2 hours a day so that was a much longer nap than usually. I was actually ready for him to get up so we could go work out. When Josh got home we ate some dinner and got ready for..... Wade's 1st haircut!! I have been debating this issue for some time now. He had the cutest little curls that I just loved, however they were getting out of control and it was starting to look more like a mullet or two rat tails! So with Ashley's wedding coming up in two weeks I decided it was time. So we took him to the girl who does my hair. I am always scared to go to those kid places or to someone I don't know because who knows how it would turn out. Well Megan did a great job and only charged us $10 because she only had to cut the back. Poor guy he still has much less hair on top!  Here are a few pictures of our playgroup and Wade before the big hair cut.



Well at first we sat Wade down and tried to put the gown type thing over him but forget it. He was not having that. Then all of a sudden Megan gets something (his other first)... a lollipop. Well that child thought he was in heaven. He did not move he sat there all by him self and enjoyed the sucker. He kept calling it a ball and would say "yummy" he was so cute. He had sucker all over him. Wearing a white shirt was not the best choice for the evening. It was pink when we left. He did so good and she cut all those cute curls off. I forgot to save a curl (bad mom I know.) My mom quickly reminded me when we got to her house to show off his new haircut. So I quickly got back in the car and went back to the salon (thankfully its really close) and asked for a piece of hair for his baby book. Well of course she had just swept the floor. Lucky for us his blonde hair is so blond it was easy to pick out of the pile of hair. Yes I was that mom who dug through somebody else's  hair to find a lock of my child's for his book. I was sad I didn't get a curl but I was not about to keep digging for a curl. It was enough work just getting a little piece.

Wade never gets sugar. Well he eats fruit and we do give him yogurt and granola bars but that is it. He has never had candy, soda or anything like that. I can count on one hand the number of times he has had ice cream or a cookie. So you guessed it.... a 3 hr and 20 min nap and sugar= one wild child. I had made blueberry muffins for playgroup and he ate two muffins and also had a popsicle during playgroup. So when he cried going to sleep and woke up at 1am crying I knew why. I even asked him if his tummy hurt and he said "yes." So that is the last sucker he gets for a long time! I felt so bad because I never should have let him eat all that. So today I have made sure he has eaten really healthy so hopefully his tummy will feel better. Josh is headed to the beach for Zach's bachelor party so we are having a girls weekend with my mom and sister and staying at mom's all weekend. I wish I didn't have to work but have to say I am thankful for such a great job!! Here are some of the other pictures from last night (yes we took way too many!)






Here is the finished product!! I think it looks so cute. She did a great job. Wade was such a big boy and he did great too. The next picture explains why this will be Wade's last sucker for a long time. He was on a sugar high!! But I am so glad he really enjoyed that lollipop.


1 comment: