Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer Fun

Well I have to say I do love summer days and playing outside but this family is ready for fall! Josh has a little problem during these hot months of summer.  We will call it... "excessive sweating."  He can be outside 5 min and you look over and sweat is just dripping. (I have no idea how he gets on hot roofs all the time.) He has to take a couple of shirts to work so he can change after being outside. Now I am not bragging or even exaggerating (well possibly a little) but I really don't sweat. Actually I do but it takes a lot. It is so frustrating at the gym because I feel like you really need to have a good sweat to have a good workout. So if I go in and do a 30 min low impact (like walking) forget it. So I have started doing the hour long classes like zumba and combat and then I leave feeling like I got a good workout in. Well back to the point... Wade has inherited Josh's issue "excessive sweating." The problem is he loves to go"out" and will point to the door and just beg. However it has been so hot if we stay out 10 minutes his head is drenched with sweat and his little face is beat red. So Sunday we had a TON of yard work to do and Wade wanted to go out after his nap. Well I knew if we went out to play he would be drenched and would need a bath so we decided to go ahead and fill up the pool and just let him go at it. He had a blast running around and then cooling off in his pool while Josh and I took turns cutting the grass. We also got the sprinkler out... I don't know why we have not done this before but Wade loved his first sprinkler experience. My dad even stopped by on his way back from the lake and played for a bit. Here are a couple pictures of Wade playing.






Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday. Excuse the outfit it was right after nap time so we were not dressed yet. This is Wade holding Charlie's dog toy and playing fetch with Charlie. They are so much fun to watch because they actually play together now. Wade will just laugh so hard when Charlie is chasing him trying to get his toy. Here is Wade "hiding" in the hallway or taking a rest break from Charlie.


And here he is.... worlds youngest rapper!!! This picture just cracks my up. Josh loves to teach Wade things while mommy is at work. Most things he teaches him are important things that Wade needs to learn some day. However teaching our one year old to say "yo yo" and to "rap" into the microphone was something Josh thought was important. I am not sure it was on my list of things to work with Wade on but Josh felt like he needed to learn it! I have to say it is pretty funny to listen to him try to rap into the microphone. Boys will be boys ( I just keep telling myself this.)


We have big day tomorrow.... Meet the Teacher day at Wade's new school. We are going shopping today with Ashley for a new outfit. We are also heading to the beach tomorrow. We can't wait. We have not been in a year (yes this is crazy my in laws have a wonderful place a N. Myrtle.) I guess that is the down side to working every other weekend. We are however going to try to go again in early October before it gets too cold. I just know Wade is going to love it. Hopefully the storm will turn and go the other way and we will have nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment