Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A few first's

When I decided to start a blog I wanted to do it for two reasons... one being that we have family that lives out of town and I thought it would be a great way to let them see what is happening with us. The other reason was to make this a keepsake/baby book type thing. I am so not into scrap booking so this is our scrapbook. I ordered my first blog book a few months ago and let me tell you I love it. It is priceless. So some of my post may seem silly, for example this one where I talk about all the things Wade is doing but it is our way of looking back at different ages in his little life.

Well today was our first day without the paci in the car. Wade has only been getting it during naps or in the car/stroller. He has gotten more and more attached these last few months. Now I see why the older they get the harder it gets to get rid of it. In the morning he likes to keep it in his mouth while we change his diaper and clothes. Well the little rascal has learned that paci will fall out when I pull the shirts over his head. So he will now take it out to hold it while I take his shirt off then sticks it back in his mouth and he takes it out again when I put the new shirt on. He doesn't want to take a chance of our beloved paci falling on the floor. Then he has to tell it "night night" and throw it back in the bed. Well yesterday he was the only one in his class who had a paci so I decided that was it. Of course my mom says "he is still little and needs it" this is one time we will have to agree to disagree!! So we will see how it goes. He did ask for it in the car a couple of times today but the stroller is going to be our biggest challenge. He really likes to have it when we walk in the mornings. Now we will still take it on road trips and I am going to have it the weekend of Ashley's wedding because we may need our wild boy to be quiet some!! I am really hoping by 20-22 months we can get rid of it all together.

About two weeks ago I thought Wade was color blind because everything was pink... once again I was reminded by my wonderful mom that he was still too little to be learning his colors. So we kept working on them but just here and there. Well today he proved me wrong again!! He is not color blind. Today in the car we were parked beside a red car and sure enough he looked over and said "red car." He knows that stop signs are red so I guess he put two and two together. Then he shocked me. He said "two red" and sure enough a red truck had pulled up behind the red car. He learned two from his beloved paci's. He always asks for two at night! I love how much he is learning but I am a little sad I don't have a baby anymore! The last few weeks he has started putting three words together and today he said... "more biskit (biscuit) pease" I was so proud of those sweet manners. However when we got home and he wanted more to eat so I put him in his high chair and then he decided he did not want to eat and threw all of the biscuit on the floor. Oh it makes me so mad. He does this all the time even in public. Any discipline ideas on how to stop your 17 month old from throwing food. I have tried saying "no" in a mean voice and even pinching his little hand gently. What does Wade do...smiles and laughs. Any advice on that welcome!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Wade is talking so much!! He is growing way too fast! Good luck with the paci's! I have no advice for throwing food. I don't remember anything special we said/did to Tanner, but one day he just stopped.Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete