Friday, August 27, 2010

What a difference a year makes!

If you would have asked me one year ago if I like Apex my answer would have been... I miss Greenville. I have always loved Apex but we just really thought of Greenville as home after living there almost 10 years. It wasn't so much that I missed the town of Greenville but I LOVE the people there. I do miss the college town feel and football season tremendously. We have some great friends there that we miss dearly. On a happy note after living here a year now( its hard to believe this weekend last year we had an almost 5 month old baby and we were packing up the moving truck to move!) I can truly say we LOVE it here. Don't get me wrong it has taken a little bit of time to love it but we have met some really great people and enjoyed getting to know old friends again. If I could move my Greenville friends here I would but now after living in this great town I don't think I want to move again. It is such a great place for young families, it is so safe here, all the schools are wonderful, and it just has that "homey" feel. (not sure if that is a word?) So I wanted to show everyone why we love it so much. Downtown Apex is one of the main reasons. We love walking down there and spending our evenings downtown. That's why we are thrilled about our new house... it is even a closer walk that what we have now. Our new house is just .6 tenths of a mile from Downtown. Now you can spend your nights in downtown Greenville (Josh and I did that probably way too much) but it is not the same family oriented experience. We went downtown tonight for dinner and shopping and there were tons of family and kids out doing the same thing. I got a few stares taking pictures of the stores/restaurants but its ok! I will have to do this again at Christmas because it is so neat that time of year. They have horse and carriage rides and shopping nights and the decorations are precious!

Here is the church where we got married... This is my "home" church that I grew up in. Since we moved back we are going somewhere different but this church is very special to us! It is on the corner of downtown.


I was standing in the church parking lot when I took this. The black awning is the cutest little bakery (they have the best desserts!) Across the street is Anna's pizza and pasta. You can eat inside or out and it is really good.


This would be my child trying to go into the Ice Cream Shop before we went to dinner. He knows what he likes! We love walking downtown when its hot out and getting a special treat. There is also a new frozen yogurt place but I decided not to take pictures of everything or we would be here all day! So I just picked my most favorite places.


Love Love this cute boutique. It has the best clothes and the cool thing about this is they order from New York and big cities but they only order each piece in a S,M, & L. So they get three of each and that is it. So if you see something you like in your size get it because that is the only one they will have and they don't order more. They get new items all the time since they only keep a limited selection.



Two other favorites side by side. On the left is Green Pea Baby... love their baby stuff. It is a little more expensive but all of there clothes and bedding is made from organic fabric. They also have the best toys and puzzles. Tonight we went in and I noticed many expecting moms standing around... they were getting ready to have a cloth diaper class! The store on the right is called "All Booked Up" and it is a used book store.


Here is Wade trying to find some books to bring home. This store is so cute and decorated so well. They even have a little coffee and hot chocolate corner in the back and some great big chairs where you can sit and enjoy a book and a drink! I should be getting paid for all this advertisement!!!!

This is where we eat most of the time. You can eat inside or outside here too. It has a bar area and lots of TVs so it is nice and loud in there. The food and service is great too. We ate here tonight and were so happy there were kids all around us! Wade did pretty good though, he got a little loud while waiting for our check. They have live music Saturday nights but we haven't tried it out yet.


This is Peak City bar and Grill. Apex is called the "Peak of Good Living" hence where they got there name from. This is where we do not take Wade... we go here for date nights or girls nights. Great food but not so much kid friendly. It is quiet and quaint. We always eat inside but they have a really nice outside sitting area under the black awning. The brick building beside this is the Fire Station and Wade loves walking down to look at the fire trucks. If you keep walking down past the fire station there is one more section of shops. We didn't walk down that far but there is a coffee shop, hair salon, pilates studio and some other little shops. Back the other way is La Rancherita a Mexican place that has been here forever and a really cute jewelry and purse store called Surcee. Just didn't get around to taking those pictures but they are both some of our favorites too. Oh I forgot the cute candle/gift shop that I love. They have the neatest stuff there. Great gifts for a special present.


And just because I could not resist. I know I am partial but I just think he is just one of the cutest little kids!! He had a blast running around playing downtown. He even met a cute little girl (an older girl probably 2 or 3) who he gave a high five to and then blushed. I almost died... I have never seen his cheeks turn red before. He got embarrassed after the high five because she was too cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment