Wednesday, August 4, 2010

16 Months

Before I know it I am going to have a one and a half year old. Its hard to believe that Wade is 16 months today. July went by so very fast; it doesn't seem like it could already be August. I have to say I am ready for Fall to get here. It is my favorite. Wade is busy these days and climbing, stepping, or trying to jump on anything in sight. Usually he is trying to stand on his blocks or toys and will say "jump" and step off of them. He hasn't mastered jumping yet (his feet don't leave the ground) but bless his sweet heart he lifts his shoulders and body up and tries hard. He is such a boy and is wide open. Nothing seems to scare him and he is fast so he is keeping me on my toes. He will run full speed at my parents and right off their steps if you don't grab him. His new thing (thanks to my mom) is to make an "obstacle course" inside and climb and slide. She brought his outside slide inside and puts the ottomans around it and he will just climb up the slide onto the chair, jump to the ottomans and continue on down the slide. He also has learned to say "come on" and will grab our fingers and pull us into the kitchen to get a snack. The boy loves to eat. He would eat all day if I don't distract him.

His other new thing is that he has started to recognize places and things in the car. For instance tonight on the way to my parents house he started screaming "Mimi & Pops" when we turned into their neighborhood. He also knows when we go by the high school by there house he is going to see B-Bus (school buses) and says "more b-bus" when he sees the second parking lot full of buses. The one that surprised me the most was... we were driving on hwy 55 past Beaver Creek where Target is and he started screaming "big balls" it took me a minute to realize what he was screaming about and then it clicked... he LOVES the big red ball outside of target. Well what shocked me the most is when he stopped screaming that he said "hot." That is because I tell him they are too hot to touch that way we can get into the store without spending 10 minutes playing outside. It is amazing what kids remember! Here is what else he is up to:
-weighs 24.5lbs
-size 3-4 diapers
-12-18mo clothes
-sleeps 11-12 hours at night
-takes one good nap 2.5-3hrs a day after lunch
-has really started loving his "pappy" (paci) and would prefer having two at a time (he only gets them in the car or in bed)
-talking a mile a minute and can count to three
-knows his name (it is so cute how he says it "ade")
-will point to our entire family and name everyone
-can say "love you" and it melts our heart
-loves to try to sing and loves dancing
-still loves to hit things or people with his golf clubs
-going to Lowe's or Home Depot with Daddy is top on his list
-still in love with lawnmowers, golf carts, trucks etc
-really loves Charlie and Riley and loves to give them hugs
-loves to read and to play blocks with Daddy
-is obsessed with getting graham crackers at my parents house
-says "mine" and knows what he means, says "oh man" and it cracks me up
-now says "out" "up" and "down" when he wants something
-would rather drink out of a cup and straw like a big boy
- says "bite" when he wants something we have or some of our drink


I know I am forgetting things... he is just precious and we are so thankful he is healthy and growing. Some days he wears me out and goes to time out way too much but when he looks up and smiles with those big dimples it just makes everything ok. Except for today I said "give mommy a kiss" he looked right at me and hit me right in the face. I was not happy at all. I had to turn my head and laugh because after he did it he looked at me and smiled so big like he just gave me the biggest kiss ever. After I laughed we went back to time out for the 3rd or 4th time today! The other three times were for throwing dog food all over the floor!!

Two other funny things I forgot to mention: a couple of weeks ago we were having a conversation at my mom's house and I said "Wade do you want to go with Momma to the gym daycare?" Well I should have known the answer but he looked at me and said "No Momma" and then said "Mimi" Well I guess you know how that ended... he stayed with my mom! A day or two later we were at our house and I had a can of Almonds sitting on the couch. Well he picked them up to play with them and was carrying it around. A minute later he walked over to me and says "Mimi" I just figured he wanted to see her but he kept saying it over and over and pointing to the almonds. I just busted out laughing. If you know my mom she always eats a low carb diet and eats tons of nuts/almond all the time. There is always a can in her car or around her. I couldn't believe he put the two together. She got a kick out of that story!

No comments:

Post a Comment