Thursday, August 26, 2010

4 Funny Things!

Wade will do something to make me laugh daily but today he has out done himself so I knew I better blog about it because I will look back when he is all grown up and just laugh at my silly boy.

The first thing he has been doing is talking about his balloon. Now let me tell you it has been many weeks since his beloved balloon went to meet Jesus. My poor child is still talking about it today. Every time we get in the car. He starts talking and at least once a day I hear "up up sky" and he pauses and then I hear "baoon" (balloon). Bless his heart he is still upset about letting go of his balloon. Well I made the big mistake of talking about "pappy" (paci) going up up in the sky one day when we get rid of it. Well now he will occasionally say "up up sky" "pappy." So I have stopped talking about getting rid of that because I don't want to upset him anymore. He is so sensitive about these things!!

Speaking of pappy today I just randomly asked him while we were having an in depth conversation what his favorite toy was... well you guessed it. His answer was "pappy."

It is funny what kids pick up on because just today he started saying something new. When we pull up to our house or even when we pulled up at mom and dad's he said "home" with a big smile on his face. I always say this because usually he has about had it in the car seat and I say "Yeah we are home!" I guess we are spending too much time at my parents because he thinks their house is home too.

Finally the last thing he did today made me want to just pick him up and squeeze his sweet face. I always let him sleep with his fan on and after he is asleep I go in and put his thin blanket over him. Well today I guess he was not all the way asleep; I quietly walked in and covered him with his blanket and all of a sudden those big eyes open up and he has this HUGE smile on his face, he didn't say anything just stuck his little arm up in the air and waved at me and then closed his eyes again. Almost like he was saying "oh hi thanks mom." I wanted to just grab him out of the bed but I just let him sleep. Good thing because he slept for 3 hours so I guess he was tired. Most days he sleeps 2 1/2 hours but usually once or twice a week he surprises me with a good 3 hr nap!

1 comment: