Sunday, August 1, 2010

Long Week!

So after an extremely long week of being sick we finally ventured out on Friday. I looked at Wade and looked at our house (which was destroyed) and said we need to go somewhere!!! I was about to go stir crazy in our little house. So we packed up and went to Chick-fil-a and met my cousin for lunch. We are finally feeling better. Wade still has a cough and I still have a lot of congestion and an occasional sore throat but overall we are good. So we had lunch and then did a little shopping. I took Wade to Old Navy, Home Goods and then we headed to Borders to play/look at books. Wade was so cute in Old Navy. I tried on 3 dresses and took him in his stroller in my dressing room. We don't do this much but I would ask him if he liked Mommy's dress each time I tried one on. Well the first one he said "no" and the second and third one he said yes. So I held out 2 & 3 and he picked out 3 so we went with that. I couldn't believe he told me "no" about the 1st one. I just had to agree and laugh at him! He loved Borders... he would grab books and toys and he just had a blast. We went home for a nap and to clean our house and we both felt much better after getting out.

Josh has worked so hard all week with hardly any sleep. He even had to fly to Atlanta for a big meeting (we are very proud of Josh he is doing so well at work!) and so that just added to him being exhausted. Anyways his boss realized how much he did last week and let him leave at 2pm on Friday. Talk about one happy mom. So we went to look at a couple of houses (we are in the process of house hunting since ours is on the market) while Wade took a nap. My dad came over to sit with him so we could actually take our time and really look. Once we got home I had to wake him up because it was 430pm and knew he would not sleep that night if he slept any later. Well of course he was grumpy once I woke him up so we decided to have a family fun night! We took Wade to Monkey Joe's; (note to self never go there again without Josh) it was so much easier with both of us there and Wade had a blast. He was a ball of sweat when we left. We only stayed for an hour but the hour we were there was great because it was not crowded at all. He was even braver this time and doing more on his own. He tends to scare me a little going down those huge slides.







No comments:

Post a Comment