Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lately

We have been so busy the past week or so. Last week Wade decided to stand by himself and take two steps. He did this at my mom and dad's house and they were so excited they got to see him do it for the first time. He has done it a couple of times since then but after two steps he gets scared and falls down. He is standing longer and longer these days (especially if he has his tennis shoes on). He is walking around while holding onto the furniture and is crawling so much faster these days. He is such a big boy. He is also eating a lot of table food. Tonight he had Lasagna and mandarin oranges for dinner. I think I have bought and made our last batch of baby food!!!!! But it is so nice to grab and take when we go out to eat.

Last weekend we had so much fun. Friday night mom and dad kept Wade and Josh and I went on a date with Erin and Britt one of our couple friends. We went to a Sushi place. Well I have only had Sushi once and wasn't crazy about it but this time I tried a kind that had fried shrimp in it and I really liked it. Josh on the other hand eats most anything and even ate 3 baby octopus!!! Yuck... Erin took a picture and I will have to get a copy of it. Saturday Josh's parents were so sweet to come into town and babysit. Our church was canceled this weekend in order for small groups and members to go out into the community and serve. We had a great time. Our small ground went to the New Bern house in Raleigh which is a house for homeless people. We painted two bedrooms. Other groups painted the living room and dinning room. It is a HUGE house and is so nice for those who need it. Sunday we met some of our best friends The Nicholson's for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and had a great time. I did have to work this weekend but we were busy so it went by so fast. Ashley and Zach came into town but we did not get to see them too much. They were busy furniture shopping for their new house!!! The close on March 19th.

Please keep my sister in law in your prayers. She is in the hospital in pre term labor and we are hoping that the boys can have a few more weeks to grow before they get here. She is either almost 30 weeks or just a few days over 30 weeks. 4 more weeks would be wonderful!!! I can't believe on Thursday I will have to post Wade's 11 month pictures... my baby will be 1 in one month. I did his invitations Sunday and they turned out too cute.

Here is my big boy standing up!

2 comments:

  1. We had a ball with you guys on Sunday. Spending time with yall makes us miss you that much more! I can't believe Wade is almost a year old. Gosh, time has flown by!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it shrimp tempura rolls??? That is about the only one I will eat anymore. I used to eat a lot of the raw stuff, but I just can't stomach it anymore for some reason!

    ReplyDelete