Sunday, March 28, 2010

Schedule

I know things are going to be so crazy with Wade's birthday this week and I thought I would love to look back and see what his schedule was like when he was 1. My mom thinks I am crazy but we have had Wade on a schedule since he was 3-4 months old and I love it. He knows what our days are going to be like and I know what to expect as well. Wade is doing so much these days and does something new every day. Today he has mastered holding up one finger when we ask him how old he is going to be. (He does not do this everytime we ask but occasionally he will.) It is too cute. He is making a cow sound, lion sound and trying to do the pirate sound. I was in Greenville last Thursday to meet with some girlfriends for lunch and there was a Pirate flag hanging at the restaurant and he made the Pirate sound. I was amazed. He is very familiar with "pirate" things because we all have pirate shirts, cups etc. I will do a post closer to his birthday with everything else he is doing but I knew I may forget these things. Here is his schedule these days. He has probably been on this schedule since about 4 months or so when I dropped his night time feeding. The only thing that has changed is that he used to get up between 5-530am to breastfeed but has not done this but a couple of times since we stopped nursing.

7-8am: Wake up (just depends on the day what time he gets up- some rare days he will sleep until 830am)

8:15-8:30am: Breakfast (his favorite foods these days are oatmeal, yogurt, banana's and cheerios)

8:30am: Play Time- he loves to play with his balls (he has 10-13 balls and he loves them all-No this was not a typo he really has that many balls in a big tub in out living room. Josh feels the need to get him a ball almost everytime we go somewhere! ) He will throw the balls and chase them all around the house- I am constantly chasing him and his balls all around.

9-10am: Goes down for his am nap- the time changes depending on what time he wakes up, if he gets up at 7am he usually goes down by 9am.

10-11am: Wakes up from nap- this time just depends on when he goes down. He sleeps for one hour in the morning. After he wakes up I change his diaper and get him ready for the day- this now involes wrestling moves by me to keep him still and on the changing table. Sometimes we only get the diaper on and the he plays while I chase him to get the rest of his outfit on.

11:30-12: Lunch time- Most days we eat at home but occasionally we head out to run errands and have lunch out. (Favorite lunch foods: ham, turkey, pepporoni, cheese, apple or applesause, bread)

12-2pm: Play time again!!! Usually we are out doing things. I usually try to go for a run, walk Charlie or we play outside if it is nice. We love being outside and are getting to do that more and more.

2pm: Naptime- Sometimes he goes down at 1:30 if he is really tired. This nap is anywhere from 1-2 hours.

3-3:30pm: Wakes up from nap and we have a snack- Yogurt is his snack of choice if he does not have it for breakfast. Otherwise I try to do some type of fruit. He also loves granola bars and puffs.

4pm: Count down to Daddy coming home. Usually I let him watch some TV while I try to do a few things but he is not very still these days so I can't leave the room for very long. I like to read his books with him if he will sit long enough. He has a few favorite books that he loves- Wild Animals book, Elmo color's book, Baby's Day board book, Little Blue Train book, and any of his animal touch and feel books.

5:30-6pm: Josh gets home and our wild man goes crazy... he is such a daddy's boy and get so excited and hyper when Josh gets home. It is so cute.

6pm: Dinner time- we try to eat at home or at my parents during the week. We may eat out once a week but usually not anymore than that. Wade pretty much eats what we eat these days. I am having a hard time with veggies so I still have some frozen veggies left that I made so I am still giving that to him. He loves pasta with sauce, pizza and chessy rice. I can usually sneak some peas or broccoli in the rice most days. We are just starting to give him a spoon to practice with but I don't usually put anything on the spoon unless its a banana that sticks to the spoon.

6:30pm: Play Time or Bath time: We try not to get him so excited because we are getting close to bedtime but Josh doesn't get to play with him during the day so they usually play on the floor and chase the balls together. We do bath's every other night because of his ezcema. His skin is so much better now that we have switched over to all Aveeno product's. Hopefully this summer he will not have any problems with it.

7:30-8pm: Josh read's one or two books with Wade and we brush his teeth and get ready for bed. He is usually perfect at going to sleep at night. Sometimes he will stand up and talk in the crib for a few minutes but then goes right to sleep. He still wakes up normally one to two times at night. Most of the time he only whines or cries for 10-15 minutes and then goes back to sleep. He stay's in his bed but sometimes I have to pick him up calm him down and lay him back down.

My most favorite things he has started doing is when Charlie jumps or barks at the TV (he does this when a dog or animal is on TV) I usually say "Charlie get down" and take my hand and slap my leg to get his attention. Well now when I start saying "get down" if I look over at Wade he has his little arm up in the air and brings it down to his thigh like he is saying "get down." I could just eat him up. I have to now watch what I say and do because he is copying so much. Today I cleared my throat and two seconds later I hear him in the back seat making a noise that sounded like he was clearing his throat. Josh and I bust out laughing and looked back at him and he was just sitting in his carseat smiling. We have already turned him around in Josh's car because the carseat Josh got was not as secure rear facing so we figured it would be safer that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment